Industry-Leading Email Protection
Keep your critical business email safe from spam, malware, and other threats. This industry-leading solution from Cisco gives you faster, more complete email protection that can stop threats before they cross your network.
Features and Capabilities
Advanced Threat Defense
The Cisco Email Security Appliance (ESA) is powered by Cisco Security Intelligence Operations (SIO), our industry-leading threat intelligence organization.
Cisco SIO detects and correlates threats in real time using the largest threat detection network in the world. It monitors 100 TB of daily security intelligence, 1.6 million deployed security devices, 13 billion daily web requests, and 35 percent of worldwide email traffic.
Cisco SIO prevents zero-hour attacks by continually generating new rules that feed updates to the Cisco ESA. These updates occur every 3-5 minutes to provide industry-leading threat defense, hours and even days ahead of competitors.
Cisco Email Security Appliance offers the following benefits.
- Fast blocking of new email transported viruses
- Best-in-class at stopping or encrypting sensitive outbound email
- A superior spam capture rate (more than 99 percent) and few false positives (less than one in 1 million)
- The industry's only proven zero-hour antivirus solution
Low Total Cost of Ownership
- Easy installation and management
- Low network impact
- Minimal ongoing administration
- 10 JD Powers award-winning security support centers globally, with 24-hour support available
- Cisco's financial commitment to security investment and innovation
- Flexible deployments: on premises, cloud, hybrid, and virtual
- Superior ability to scale threat analysis as global data explodes
Specifications at a Glance
|Large Enterprise||Cisco ESA X1070||High-performance, comprehensive security at the network gateway for service providers and large-scale enterprise email systems.|
|Cisco ESA C680||Built on the latest generation of appliance hardware. The C680 is the highest-performing model in the ESA product line.|
|Midsize Enterprise||Cisco ESA C670||Provides the same set of email security features and functionality for midsize organizations.|
|Cisco ESA C380||Built on the latest generation of appliance hardware.|
|Small-to-Midsize Businesses or Branch Offices||Cisco ESA C370||Email security for small-to-midsize organizations and branches with 1000 to 10,000 users*.|
|Cisco ESA C170||Cost-effective email security designed for small businesses, branch offices, and organizations with fewer than 2000 users*.|
*For accurate sizing, verify your choice by checking the peak mail flow rates and average message size with a Cisco content security specialist.
Product Support Services
Cisco Services can help you increase operational efficiency, lower support costs, and improve availability risk management.
Learn about the similarities and differences of the models within this product series.
Cisco Email Security Appliance C670
Cisco Email Security Appliance C380
Cisco Email Security Appliance C370
Cisco Email Security Appliance C370D
Cisco Email Security Appliance C170
Cisco Email Security Appliance X1070