Cisco Expands 2600 Series Router Family
Cisco 2600XM Models and Cisco 2691 Modular Routers
Cisco Systems announces the latest additions to the Cisco 2600 Series family of Modular Routers, the Cisco 2600XM models and the Cisco 2691. With over 1.3 million Cisco 2600 units in the field today, these new models are the latest addition to the already popular Cisco 2600 Series, offering branch offices applications with extended performance, higher density, higher availability for voice and greater overall flexibility to meet the growing demands of branch offices today. These new products enable enterprises and service providers to continue their migration from data to multiservice networks, in order to benefit from cost-effective voice and video over IP.
The new Cisco 2600XM models offer greater performance than the current Cisco 2600 Series today, extending the performance by as much as 33%, while increasing the default platform memory and overall memory capacity. The new XM functionality provides the same proven technology of the current Cisco 2600 Series models in design and support, including offering Cisco IOS® software mainline features, fixed 10/100 FE on all models and equivalent module support, all with the same cost effective pricing.
The other addition to the Cisco 2600 Series family is the Cisco 2691. This new addition extends the performance of the Cisco 2600 Series by offering almost twice the performance of the Cisco 2650XM and higher density applications, while leveraging many of the same modules from other Cisco 2600, Cisco 3600 and Cisco 3700 Series routers. Compared to the Cisco 2600XM models, the new Cisco 2691 is designed to offer a higher degree of versatility. Providing greater bandwidth for higher density WAN applications and increased performance to handle new services, the Cisco 2691 provides a cost-effective solution to meet today's and tomorrow's branch office needs.
These new models provide several features and benefits:
Cisco 2600XM Models:
- Increased performance compared to current Cisco 2600 models
- Maximum memory capacity increased to 128MB of SDRAM and 48MB of Flash for all Cisco 2600XM models
- All Cisco 2600XM models support 1 or 2 fixed FE ports
- Cisco 2600XM models support Cisco IOS 12.1 and 12.2 mainline (planned CY3Q'02)
- All Cisco 2600XM models support AC, DC or RPS configurations
- Supports the more than 70 current Modules used on the Cisco 2600s today and many of those used on the Cisco 1700, 3600 and 3700 routers
Cisco 2691 Platform:
- Increased performance compared to current Cisco 2600 models. Almost twice the performance of the Cisco 2650, with 70Kpps
- Additional WIC and AIM slot provides greater density for additional services
- Internal Compact Flash and optional External Compact Flash support
- Increased maximum DRAM, default Flash and maximum Flash memory (more than 100% increase)
- Supports many of the more than 70 modules used today on the current Cisco 2600, including the Cisco 1700, 3600 and 3700 routers
The new Cisco 2600XM models and Cisco 2691 are orderable immediately and available in May 2002. Pricing for the 2600XM models are based on the current Cisco 2600 models, however offer more functionality in the XM version. For pricing and availability information, please contact your local Cisco sales office or certified partner.
For additional product information, go to http://www.cisco.com/ warp/public/cc/pd/rt/2600/