Improve service delivery and increase revenue.
Converge Packet and Transport
Bridge the gap between IP and optical layers with Cisco Network Convergence System 4000.
Deploy a Programmable Optical Layer
See how the Cisco Network Convergence System 2000 delivers nLight innovations.
Secure Your Transport Network
Deploy optical layer encryption and authentication. (PDF - 254.71 KB)
Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM)
Cisco DWDM solutions deliver massive scale, touchless programmability, and ease of use.
- Colorless, Omni-directional, Flex Spectrum ROADM
- Superior 100G port density
- Multi-Layer Programmability
- Delivers any service type to any network location
- Widely deployed across service provider, enterprise, and government customers
- Features 2- to 8-degree reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexers (ROADM)
- Supports colorless and omnidirectional ROADM for touchless programmability
- Excels in metro, regional, and long haul applications
- Complete suite of passive components for use in DWDM networks
- Minimizes loss, latency, and cost for simplified data center interconnect applications
- Complements ONS 15454 MSTP ROADM configurations with passive add and drop
- Supports up to 96 channels in the C-band
Packet Optical Transport Systems
Cisco Packet Optical Transport Systems bring transport ease of use to packet networks, and support multilayer network convergence.
- DWDM, OTN, and Packet in one converged platform
- Support for multi-chassis and back-to-back configurations
- Full In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU)
- Superior simplification in service management, turn-up, and monitoring
- Unifies both packet and transport with MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)
- Ideal for service providers who want to add services and improve delivery
- Supports MPLS-TP, Ethernet, OTN, and DWDM in a single system
- Exceptionally high GE/10 GE port density per rack unit
SONET / SDH
The Cisco SONET / SDH portfolio covers access, metro, and core solutions, while integrating DWDM and packet functions.
- Ideal MSPP for voice, video, and data
- Supports and optimizes next-generation transport networks
- Supports aggregation and transport of services, from DS-1 to OC-192
- Flexible, multirate, small form-factor pluggable (SFP)-based) Ethernet and optical modules
- Multiservice Switching Platform (MSSP) simplifies bandwidth management
- Ideal for service providers integrating metro core and metro edge networks
- Provides network availability, serviceability, software, and management.
- Supports all metro topologies, including point-to-point, rings, and mesh.
- Portfolio of SONET/SDH multiservice provisioning platforms (MSPPs)
- Ideal for service providers seeking to offer differentiating services
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet, 10/100 Ethernet, DS1/ E1, and DS3/E3 services
- Applications include wideband digital cross-connect system functionality
Optical Network Management
Cisco offers an easily managed, next-generation optical network, with vendor-neutral, business-ready features.
- End-to-end management solution for Packet Optical Transport networks
- Maintains an efficient and productive optical infrastructure managing fault, configuration, performance, and security
- Powerful GUI-based management system that simplifies complex provisioning tasks
- Significantly reduces the length of the network maintenance window, and cuts operating expenses