Optical Networking Benefits
More Transport Capability and Savings
Originally designed for service provider voice networks, optical networking technology is rapidly expanding to business end users. Large enterprises now consider it to be the transport medium of choice for mission-critical networks.
Optical networking can help organizations:
- Reduce capital and operational costs
- Simplify service provisioning
- Support a wide range of new, high-bandwidth applications
- Improve manageability, scalability, and efficiency
- Overcome distance limitations
An optical backbone can expand, providing service flexibility, resiliency, and optimizing the fiber infrastructure. It also reduces the need to maintain multiple wide area networks. In addition, it can help organizations meet business continuance objectives, which require a highly available network infrastructure.
Support High-Growth Environments With ROADM
Organizations can gain capital and operating expense savings with the Cisco Reconfigurable Optical Add/Drop Multiplexer (ROADM). This recently-developed optical networking technology offers high-capacity environments:
- The ability to easily turn up bandwidth, through faster circuit provisioning and activation
- Simplified reconfiguration and reallocation of bandwidth
- Improved agility
Interactive Video for Hospitality Sector
MCOM delivers interactive digital video over analog networks.