Table Of Contents
Procuct Bulletin No. 2477
IDSM-1 to IDSM-2 Trade-In Promotion
Until August 1, 2004, Cisco will provide a US$10,000 credit towards the purchase of an IDSM-2 for each IDSM-1. On August 1, 2004, Cisco will provide the last signature update for the IDSM-1, effectively ending the life of the product. Therefore, customers can trade in their IDSM-1 for an IDSM-2 for a vastly reduced price. The program will be handled through the TMP and will have the following terms and conditions:
1. The program will run through August 1, 2004.
2. No credits will be recognized after that date and there will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. The IDSM-1 must be returned within 30 days or the customer will be billed full list price for the
4. IDSM-1 sigs will be ended August 1, 2004. There will be no extensions.
5. This program cannot be combined with any other Catalyst or IDSM-1/2 promotion.
6. The way the program works is that customers receive their standard discount off the list price of the IDSM-2.
7. This promotion is offered on a 1-for-1 basis, that is, one IDSM-1 for one IDSM-2. You cannot get a single IDSM-2 for 2 IDSM-1 and so on.
8. End of Life information for the IDSM-1 can be found at:
9. The trade in program is administered by the Cisco Technology Migration Program (TMP) and can be located at:
10. To make the program work use WS-X6381-IDS as the "Trade In" part number and
WS-SVC-IDS2BUNK9= as the "Trade To" part number.
If you have questions about this information please contact Jay Bazzinotti (email@example.com) at
508 553-6002 or John Lopez (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 408 583-6756.