Protect Your Internet Edge
Get a consistent level of security that meets the needs of your network and budget. (4:42 min)
Enterprise-Strength Security at the Internet Edge
When it comes to protecting the Internet edge, midsize businesses want the same level of protection as large enterprise networks. But they need a firewall that meets their specific performance and cost requirements, without compromising security.
The ASA 5500 and ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls were designed with this in mind. They are available in a wide range of sizes and performance levels to fit your network, budget, and evolving security needs. And they offer the same proven level of security that protects some of the largest networks at some of the most security-conscious companies in the world.
Balancing Security with Productivity
Most next-generation firewall vendors have abandoned proven stateful inspection capabilities in favor of application and user ID awareness. But a comprehensive network security solution needs both.
Your business can take advantage of new applications and devices — without compromising security — using Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls. They combine the most widely-deployed stateful inspection firewall in the industry with a comprehensive suite of next-generation network security services, including:
- Visibility and granular control of applications and micro-applications, with behavior-based controls
- Robust web security
- Advanced threat protection with a comprehensive, highly effective intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Secure remote access
- Protection from botnets
- Proactive, near-real-time protection against Internet threats
Enterprise-Class Security for the Internet Edge
The Cisco ASA 5500-X Series scales to meet the performance and budget requirements of a wide range of network applications.
- Up to 4 Gbps of firewall throughput, 50,000 connections per second, and 1,000,000 concurrent sessions
- Supports up to 500 VLANs for improved network segmentation and security
- Supports up to 100 security contexts for granular control of security policies
- Supports dual power supplies
- Capable of running multiple simultaneous network security services without sacrificing performance
Enterprise-Class Security Services
Next-generation network security services are delivered through cloud- and software-based integrated security services like Application Visibility and Control (AVC), Web Security Essentials (WSE), and IPS.
- Services backed by Cisco Security Intelligence Operations (SIO)
- Exceptional Cisco ASA Next-Generation Firewall capabilities for the visibility and control needed to safely enable new applications and devices
- High-performance VPN and remote access
- Additional network security services can be added quickly and easily