• URL filtering: Controls employee web access and reduces risk
• Web threat protection: Reputation-based blocking prevents access to dangerous sites
• Content filtering: Uses company rules to refine control of web usage
• Easy setup and use: Simple businesswide solution lets you protect your business quickly
Protect Your Small Business from Dangerous Websites
As today's companies do more business over the Internet, the need for safe, productive web use is greater than ever. A growing number of threats come from websites that host malicious software, viruses, or phishing schemes. Additionally, employees may lose productivity by spending time browsing through non-work-related websites. Internet bandwidth is wasted on unnecessary file transfer and storage. Compromised security can make systems unavailable, require time to fix, and even expose your company to legal liability issues.
Comprehensive Hosted Service Powered by Trend Micro
Cisco® ProtectLink Web delivers cost-effective web filtering for your business. Powered by Trend Micro, the leader in gateway secure content management, ProtectLink Web is a hosted service that runs on select Cisco Small Business security appliances and routers. It integrates powerful URL content filtering and web reputation monitoring to block standalone and blended-threat attacks and enforce customer-specific use policies. These features prevent unwanted content from passing into your network and protect you against websites that are infected with spyware, malware, viruses, and other threats.
Simple, Affordable Web Security
Using only a supported Cisco Small Business security appliance or router and no other hardware, you can quickly set up and install Cisco ProtectLink Web at your business. Continuous updates help ensure that the protection is always up to date and accurate.
Simplified Management of Web Usage
Designed to work the way your business does, Cisco ProtectLink Web lets you create and enforce the web usage policies that best meet your needs. A single point of control makes the solution easy to manage and use. Trend Micro technology continually updates and categorizes dangerous websites, enabling you to block or restrict access to offensive or non-work-related content. This feature helps you not only improve employee productivity but also reduce web-based threats and conserve bandwidth. With this integrated security solution from Cisco you can focus on building a successful business and leave your protection to us.
• URL filtering
– Blocks employees from unproductive or inappropriate websites
– Helps enforce company Internet acceptable use policy
– Reduces liability and regulatory risks
– Includes more than 80 URL categories to allow or block according to company security or acceptable use policy
• Web reputation
– Regularly reviewed security ratings determine whether a website is safe before employees can gain access
– Blocks connections to known unsafe websites to protect users and the business from malicious downloads such as viruses, malware, and phishing
• Simple-to-manage, integrated solution
– Combines Cisco's leading security technology and threat expertise with our industry-leading security appliance and router technology
– Single, web-based management console provides continuous access to real-time reports and password administration
– Preset protection defaults simplify management-all tuning and updates are automated by the hosted security service
– Installs into existing networks with minimal configuration or is easily added at the same time a supported Cisco device is installed
How It Works
1. Buy a Cisco security appliance or router that supports ProtectLink Web.
2. Buy a ProtectLink Web subscription from your Cisco reseller.
3. Activate the subscription.
4. Select the level of protection desired.
5. Access to bad websites and phishing URLs are blocked.
Updates are received continuously to prevent new threats.
Table 1 gives the specifications for the Cisco ProtectLink Web product, and Table 2 provides detailed ordering information.
• Internet Explorer version 6.0 or 7.0 or later or Mozilla Firefox version 1.0 or 1.5 or later
90-day limited software warranty.
Table 2. Ordering Information
Cisco ProtectLink Unlimited Web Threat plus URL Filtering 1 year (eDelivery)
Cisco ProtectLink Unlimited Web Threat plus URL Filtering 3 years (eDelivery)
Cisco Limited Warranty for Cisco Small Business Products
This Cisco Small Business product comes with a 90-day limited software warranty. In addition, Cisco offers software application updates for bug fixes and telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase.