Cisco® Secure Access Control Server (ACS) for Windows is an industry-leading, highly scalable, and high-performance access control server that provides a comprehensive identity-based networking solution. As an important component of the Cisco Identity-Based Networking Services (IBNS) architecture, Cisco Secure ACS for Windows extends access security by combining authentication, user or administrator access, and policy control from a centralized identity-based networking framework. This gives enterprise networks greater flexibility, mobility, and security, resulting in user-productivity gains. Cisco Secure ACS for Windows supports a wide array of access connection types, including wired and wireless LAN, dialup, broadband, content, storage, voice over IP (VoIP), firewalls, and VPNs. Cisco Secure ACS is the leading authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) platform in the market; it is deployed by 90 percent of the top 500 Cisco customers and by more that 20,000 customers worldwide since the product's inception.
Cisco Secure ACS is available as the Cisco Secure ACS for Windows software kit, or as Cisco Secure ACS Solution Engine - a 1-rack-unit (1RU), security-hardened appliance with a preinstalled Cisco Secure ACS license. For more information on Cisco Secure ACS Solution Engine 4.1, please refer to the data sheet and the product bulletin at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5338/index.html.
Cisco Secure ACS 4.1 for Windows includes the following new features:
• Support for Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance - Cisco Secure ACS 4.1 addresses the customer-compliance requirements associated with Cisco Secure ACS administrator permissions and audit reports. These include:
– Administrative constraints on log settings
– Forced administrator password change at logon
– Administrator password policy
– Forced administrator password change for stale account
– Generation of entitlement reports
– Password history for administrators
• Syslog support
• External database MAC authentication bypass
• Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol (PEAP) with Extensible Authentication Protocol Transport Layer Security (EAP TLS)
• Support for Japanese version of Windows
Cisco Secure ACS 4.1 for Windows will be available as a software upgrade to existing Cisco Secure ACS for Windows customers.
Cisco Secure ACS 4.0 customers with Cisco Software Application Support (SAS) can go to the Product Upgrade Tool at http://www.cisco.com/upgrade and request the service release kit for Cisco Secure ACS 4.1 for Windows. Cisco Secure ACS 4.0 customers without SAS should order part number CSACS4.1-WIN-MR-K9. Customers with earlier versions of Cisco Secure ACS for Windows should order part number CSACS-4.1-WINUP-K9.
New customers should order product number CSACS-4.1-WIN-K9.
Cisco Secure ACS 4.1 for Windows will be available beginning December 11, 2006. Customers interested in purchasing this product can place orders through their normal sales channels.
Table 1. Ordering Information for Cisco Secure ACS 4.1 for Windows
Cisco Secure ACS 4.1 for Windows
Upgrade to Cisco Secure ACS 4.1 for Windows from versions earlier than 4.0
Upgrade to Cisco Secure ACS 4.1 for Windows from version 4.0