Cisco® Unified Communications Solutions unify voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks, enabling easy collaboration every time from any workspace.
Features and Benefits
• Facilitates self-service options, such as access to checking account information or user-directed call routing, by processing user commands through touchtone input or speech-recognition technologies
• Allows customers to retrieve the information they require through voice commands without ever speaking with an agent, or to quickly navigate to the correct department or agent that can help them
• Provides multilingual support for Cisco Unified IP IVR server prompts, for automated-speech-recognition (ASR) and text-to-speech (TTS) capabilities
• Delivers notification to users through email, fax, pager, and short message service (SMS) (some of these services require the use of a service provider or fax server)
• Provides more comprehensive and effective customer service by efficiently handling call traffic with self-service or fast transfer to the correct agent the first time
• Allows simple transactional requests to be offloaded from agents and handled by Cisco Unified IP IVR.
• Enables rapid development and deployment of IVR applications with a web-based service creation and scripting environment.
• Allows HTTP requests to trigger application execution.
• Supports ASR through integration with third-party ASR software.
• Supports TTS through integration with with third-party TTS software.
• Enables easy test and debug of applications using built-in debugging tools.
• Provides standard real-time and historical reports to efficiently manage contact center resources.
• Supports development of customized reports using a third-party reporting package to meet additional reporting requirements in the contact center.
• Supports spec-based virtual machines (VMs) running on Cisco Unified Computing System or select third-party servers.
• Significantly reduces costly equipment used for integration of an existing IVR or private branch exchange (PBX).
• Administration is done from anywhere on your corporate WAN with a completely web-based administration interface.
• Access to customer information is provided through support for Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) and access to Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, and Sybase databases.
• Significantly reduces the cost and time associated with install, upgrade, and reversion via appliance model deployment. The separate partitions of the appliance model allow updates to be made to the inactive partition while the active partition is handling calls - shortening the maintenance window required for updates.
• High availability over WAN allows deployment of two Unified IP IVR servers across a WAN to provide geographical redundancy.
• Enhanced scalability, up to 400 ports, eases expansion as your contact center operation grows.
• Performs "prompt-and-collect" functions to obtain user data, such as passwords or account identification, to pass to contact center agents.
• Extracts and parses web content and presents this data to customers through a telephony interface, facilitating reuse and delivery of web-maintained information to callers through a voice portal.
• Supports Voice XML (VoiceXML), allowing you to create voice portals and voice-enabling websites that use HTTP, XML, and web or application servers.
• Integrates with CiscoWorks network management software.
Cisco Unified IP IVR Components
• IP IVR Editor: In this Windows GUI-based application-development environment, you can create applications and flows using a drag-and-drop interface.
• IP IVR Engine: This run-time environment executes Cisco Unified IP IVR flows.
• Step libraries: These libraries of JavaBeans provide the programming constructs, called steps, for the Cisco Unified IP IVR flows.
• Flow repository: In this storage location all flows and configuration data are stored using Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
• Reporting application: This tool provides access to real-time and historical reporting statistics.
Table 1. Ordering Information
Cisco Unified Communications Services
For More Information