The Cisco® Digital Media Suite (DMS) is a comprehensive offering of webcasting and video sharing, digital signage, and business IPTV applications that can help transform how organizations learn, grow, communicate, and collaborate. Support from the broad Cisco partner ecosystem of deployment, solution-development, and content-creation partners helps ensure a successful digital media implementation.
Cisco Show and Share Reports is an integrated function within Cisco Show and Share® that allows you to track the access and use of video content by end users. With this tool, you can:
• Specify time periods: Run reports based on specific dates.
• Analyze content use: Access unique traffic metrics and repeat traffic metrics for each available video or as an aggregated total.
• Monitor referrals: Track top referring pages and links with the corresponding views they generate.
• Understand visitors: Acquire vital statistics about visitors, including operating system, browser, and media plug-in used.
• Receive viewer usage details: Identify what videos have been played by individual users and videos.
With the Cisco Show and Share Reports tool, Cisco Digital Media Suite (DMS) administrators and Cisco Show and Share authors can access a variety of usage information that makes it easier to track content effectiveness and required user access as part of a larger training compliancy effort. Cisco Show and Share Reports supports you in shaping future content development based on content trends.
Figure 1 shows a sample of Cisco Show and Share Sitewide Traffic reports. Figure 2 shows an example of the Show and Share module's Author Reports.
Figure 1. Show and Share Site Wide Traffic Reports
The Cisco Show and Share Reports module is a required option when purchasing the Cisco Show and Share system. Cisco Show and Share is purchased as a perpetual software license with no assigned reporting role restrictions.
Table 1 lists the various reporting options and other features that the Cisco Show and Share Reports module provides. Access to reports is based on the user login name, and reports are accessed through the "My Account " option.
Table 1. Product Specifications
Sitewide Traffic Reports
• Selectable date ranges
• Number of page views; unique visitors
• Total number of video streams
• Top 100 videos selected; downloads
• Cisco Show and Share user system information, including browser type, operating system, and plug-ins
Viewer Traffic or "who watched what, when"
• Selectable date ranges
• Videos that selected viewers played
• Names of viewers who played a selected video title
Summary reports that display the average time and usernames of viewers who played a selected content title from their personal content library
Defined Reporting Access
• Sitewide reporting available only to defined systems administrator user role
• Usage reports for authors on their specific content library
Reports that can be exported in CSV format and imported into third-party applications such as Microsoft Excel for custom reporting requirements
Cisco and our partners provide a broad portfolio of smart, personalized services and support that can help you realize the full value of your video investment, and increase business agility and network availability. This portfolio of services drives business transformation through a network-based collaboration platform that enables business to collaborate anywhere, anytime. For more information about these services, visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/services/digitalmedia.