Cisco® announces the availability of Cisco Content Services Gateway (CSG) Service Manager 4.1, which is part of the Mobile Wireless Transport Manager suite of applications, which complements CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS) to provide end-to-end management of Cisco mobile Service Exchange Framework (mSEF) (Figure 1). The Mobile Wireless Transport Manager suite addresses the element-management requirements of mobile operators and provides fault and configuration capability as wireless service delivery networks of mobile operators make the transition from second-generation (2G) circuit-based traffic to 2.5G and third-generation (3G) IP-based services.
Integrated with the CiscoWorks LMS and Cisco Mobile Wireless Transport Manager desktop, Cisco CSG Service Manager provides an interface that is similar to other CiscoWorks applications and integrates with CiscoWorks Resource Manager Essentials (RME) Job Manager to provide a powerful tool for bidirectional device interaction and status. Cisco CSG Service Manager GUIs are intuitive and allow you to easily navigate through the different configuration tasks in a familiar environment.
Table 1 includes a list of new features available with the Cisco CSG Service Manager 4.1 release.
Table 1. Cisco CSG Service Manager 4.1 Features
Service activation, modification, deactivation
• Automatically activates, modifies, and deactivates services in a Cisco CSG server farm:
• Rule set
• Billing services
• Billing plans
• Cisco CSG user group
• E-mail post and prepaid support (Internet Message Access Protocol [IMAP] support)
• Determines whether configuration delta exists within the Cisco CSGs defined in the server farm
• Provides a report with found discrepancies, if any
• Other non-CSG-related Cisco IOS Software configuration is filtered out
• View configuration of any chassis in server farm
• Allows an operator to group multiple instances of the same service activation and download it to all Cisco CSGs in the server farm. Operator can cut and paste actual Cisco IOS Software configuration prior to downloading.
System security and user account management
• Uses CiscoWorks user security levels to assign Cisco Home Agent Service Manager predefined user roles
• User security levels include Help Desk Approver, Network Operator, Network Administrator, and System Administrator
The new features of Cisco CSG Service Manager 4.1 broaden the solution choices for Cisco Mobile Wireless Transport Manager customers. Cisco CSG Service Manager enhancements focus on the important areas of operating systems support, CiscoWorks LMS integration, device coverage, Cisco CSG service activation, and troubleshooting tools.
New features of the Cisco CSG Service Manager 4.1 release include:
• Expanded CSG user group support for RADIUS pod attribute, RADIUS authorization attribute, and RADIUS report attribute
• New show commands support for improved troubleshooting and proactive problem detection
• Batch mode scheduling to schedule deployment of batch configurations at a future time and manage previously scheduled configurations
• Support for new Cisco mSEF CSG2/SAMI card
Cisco CSG Service Manager 4.1 broadens device support and significantly improves the management of the Cisco Content Services Gateway.
The previously offered CiscoWorks for Mobile Wireless 3.0 and Cisco Mobile Wireless Center 2.0 for Cisco Mobile Exchange are no longer available. End-of-sale and end-of-life announcements, along with additional details about Cisco CSG Service Manager, are available at http://www.cisco.com/go/mwc-cmx.
Cisco CSG Service Manager 4.1 will start shipping on March 15, 2006. Customers can purchase this new product through normal Cisco sales channels beginning March 8, 2006.
Table 2 lists the ordering information for the Cisco CSG Service Manager 4.1.
Table 2. Ordering Information
Cisco CSG Service Manager 4.1. Software License. One software License is required for each Sun Solaris server.
Cisco CSG Service Manager 4.1 New Right-To-Use (RTU) License for CSG1. One new RTU license is required for each Cisco CSG1 card running on CSG 6.x or 7.x. Customers wanting to order additional RTU licenses without software should use product ordering number MWCX-CSG-4.1-RTU=.
Cisco CSG Service Manager 4.1 Device Upgrade Right-To-Use License. One device upgrade RTU license is required for each Cisco CSG card upgraded from CSG 6.x to CSG 7.x. Customers wanting to order additional RTU licenses without software should use product ordering number MWCX-CSUP-4.1-RTU=.
Cisco CSG Service Manager 4.1 New Right-To-Use License for CSG2. One new RTU license is required for each Cisco CSG2/SAMI card.
Cisco CSG Service Manager 4.1 New Right-To-Use License for CS1 to CSG2 Upgrade. One new RTU license is required for each Cisco CSG1 to CSg2/SAMI card Upgrade.
Technical support services are orderable on these products, through Cisco Software Application Support (SAS) programs. Service part numbers can be found on Cisco.com online ordering tools and price lists.