Q. What is Cisco® Content Services Gateway (CSG) Service Manager 2.2?
A. Cisco CSG Service Manager 2.2 is part of the Mobile Wireless Center for Cisco Mobile Exchange suite of applications that complements CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS) to provide end-to-end management of the Cisco Mobile Exchange solution. The Mobile Wireless Center for Cisco Mobile Exchange addresses the element-management requirements of mobile operators and provides fault and configuration capability as mobile operators transition their wireless service delivery networks from second-generation (2G) circuit-based traffic to 2.5G and third-generation (3G) IP-based services.
Integrated with CiscoWorks LMS desktop, the Cisco CSG Service Manager provides an interface that is similar to other CiscoWorks applications and integrates with CiscoWorks LMS Resource Manager Essentials (RME) Job Manager to deliver a powerful tool for bidirectional device interaction and status. Cisco CSG Service Manager GUIs are intuitive and allow the user to easily navigate through the different configuration tasks in a familiar environment.
Q. What are the essential features and benefits of Cisco CSG Service Manager 2.2?
A. Table 1 lists the essential features and benefits.
Table 1. Cisco CSG Service Manager Features and Benefits
Service Activation, Modification, Deactivation
• Significantly reduces time to activate services
• Eliminate syntactic and semantics command-line interface (CLI) errors
• Reduces configuration complexity by removing CLI interaction and providing an intuitive device interaction
• Eliminates service-impacting misconfigurations
• Increases productivity by noting questionable configurations
• Accelerates time to service
• Increases network serviceability
Cisco CSG Server Farm Integration
• Reduces complexity
• Increases productivity
• Eliminates out-of-sync configurations
CiscoWorks LMS Interface
• Helps ensure that Cisco CSG device configuration is synchronized with Cisco CSG Service Manager
• Extends the award-winning CiscoWorks RME Job Manager capability to Cisco CSG configuration tasks
• Helps ensure that a reference device is the standard against which new Cisco CSG configuration is applied, thus eliminating out-of-sync configurations
Device Configuration Display
• Operator can focus on Cisco CSG mission-critical tasks without being overwhelmed by the whole device's configuration
• Reduces errors by showing only Cisco CSG-related configuration
• Eliminates configuration complexity
• Increases productivity by bypassing sequential operations in case multiple Cisco CSG service activation is required
• Accelerates time to service
Running Versus Start-Up Configuration
• Provides additional flexibility to the operator in terms of device configuration, eliminating the need to run CLI commands
• Improves device serviceability
Q. What equipment is managed by Cisco CSG Service Manager 2.2?
A. Cisco CSG Service Manager supports the following Cisco CSG releases (Table 2):
Table 2. Managed Devices
Cisco IOS® Software Release
Cisco CSG 5.3
Cisco CSG 5.4
Cisco CSG 5.5
Cisco CSG 5.6
Q. Where can I find additional information about Cisco CSG Service Manager 2.2?
A. Information about Cisco CSG Service Manager is available at: www.cisco.com/go/mwc-cmx.
INSTALLATION AND COMPATIBILITY
Q. What platforms support Cisco CSG Service Manager 2.2?
A. Sun Solaris 8 server supports this application (Table 3).
Q. What are the system requirements for Cisco CSG Service Manager 2.2?
A. Tables 3, 4, and 5 list the system requirements for the server, client, and browser.
Table 3. Sun Server System Requirements
Dual Processor UltraSPARC III or IIIi at minimum. Clock speed 1 GHz. 4 GB RAM
Dual 40+GB SCSI or FC-AL drives
Suggested 100 MB or more
CiscoWorks LMS for Co-Existence
2.2 with IDU 11
Table 4. Client Requirements
• IBM system with at least a 300 MHz Pentium processor running Windows 2000 Professional, or Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1)
• Sun UltraSPARC 10 running Solaris 2.7, Solaris 2.8
Available Disk Space
Operating Environment [note: conflicts with hardware above]
• Sun Solaris 8
• Windows XP or Windows 2000 Professional
Space equal to twice the amount of memory (RAM)
Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
• Java Virtual Machine (JVM) 126.96.36.19902 and later
• Java Plug-in version 1.4.1_02
Table 5. Supported Browsers
6.0 (version 6.0.2600.0000)
6.0 SP1 (version 6.0.2800.1106)
Windows 2000 or Windows XP
7.1, 4.78, and 4.79
Windows 2000 or Windows XP
7.0 and 4.76
* The Java plug-in version must be 1.4.1_02.
Q. Is there a prerequisite application required for Cisco CSG Service Manager 2.2?
A. Yes, Cisco CSG Service Manager 2.2 requires CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution 2.2 preinstalled and operational in the same server.
ORDERING AND FULFILLMENT INFORMATION
Q. How do I order Cisco CSG Service Manager 2.2?
A. The Cisco CSG Service Manager 2.2 is available for purchase through regular Cisco sales and distribution channels worldwide.
To place an order, visit the Cisco Ordering Home Page.
Q. Are software-support contracts available and how are they ordered?
A. Yes. You can purchase a one (1) year Software Application Support (SAS) contract that provides Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support, access to software maintenance patches on Cisco.com Software Center, and Cisco CSG Service Manager minor update releases.
Q. How can CiscoWorks for Mobile Wireless 3.0 customers purchase Cisco CSG Service Manager 2.2?
A. Customers who want to purchase Cisco CSG Service Manager 2.2 can order it through normal Cisco sales channels using part numbers MWCX-CSGSM2.2UP-K9.