A. Cisco Signaling Gateway Manager (SGM) is a feature-rich application that provides tools for troubleshooting, capacity planning, and configuration of the Cisco IP Transfer Point (ITP) technology. The Cisco SGM easily integrates with existing Cisco Systems® network management products such as CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution and Cisco Info Center, as well as third-party network management products such as Tekno Telecom NetQuest System, HP OpenView, and MicroMuse NetCool to provide a complete set of monitoring and management tools.
Q. What are the essential features and benefits of Cisco SGM 4.1?
A. Table 1 lists the essential features and benefits.
Table 1. Cisco Signaling Gateway Manager Features and Benefits
• Performs real-time updates of any system changes such as inventory, events, and performance counters
Real-time event monitoring
• Allows the operator to view events from the Cisco ITP network immediately
• Greatly reduces time-to-resolution (TTR) by quickly identifying and resolving events
Configuration revision control
• Tracks changes to Global Title Translation (GTT), route, and multilayer routing (MLR) address tables
• Rolls back to past configurations in the event of a disaster or other service-affecting issue
• Changes over time can be reviewed and restored on demand
• Improves network serviceability by allowing operators to proactively assess Cisco ITP readiness and general health
• Enables easier Cisco ITP problem identification and troubleshooting
• Execution of common craft interface commands from GUI aids in rapid troubleshooting of device and network problems
OSS alarm integration
• Increases productivity
• Eliminates out-of-sync environments between upstream systems and Cisco SGM
• Provides network-wide visibility of the current state of the Signaling System 7 (SS7) network
• Eliminates SS7 routing issues by delivering consistent and accurate configurations to Cisco ITP nodes
Q. What platforms support Cisco Signaling Gateway Manager 4.1?
A. Sun Solaris 8 and 9 and AMD64 Linux servers support Cisco SGM 4.1 (Table 3).
Q. What are the system requirements for Cisco SGM 4.1?
A. Tables 3 and 4 list the system requirements for the server and client.
Table 3. Sun Server System Requirements
Red Hat Linux Enterprise 3.0
AMD Opteron Model 244
Sun Solaris 8 and 9
650 MHz UltraSPARC IIi
Table 4. Client Requirements
Windows 2000 and XP
500-MHz Pentium III
Sun Solaris 8 and 9
650-MHz UltraSPARC IIi
Q. Does Cisco SGM integrate with any upstream or northbound OSS applications?
A. Yes, Cisco SGM integrates with applications such as Tekno Telecom NetQuest System, HP OpenView, MicroMuse NetCool, and Cisco Info Center using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and ASCII-based file access.
ORDERING AND FULFILLMENT INFORMATION
Q. How do I order Cisco Signaling Gateway Manager 4.1?
A. Cisco SGM 4.1 is available for purchase through regular Cisco sales and distribution channels worldwide.
Q. Are software support contracts available and how are they ordered?
A. Yes. You can purchase a one (1) year Software Application Support (SAS) contract that provides Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support, access to software maintenance patches on Cisco.com Software Center, and Cisco SGM minor update releases.
Q. How can current Cisco SGM 3.x customers upgrade to 4.1?
A. Customers can purchase an upgrade license that will map their current license to the new 4.x license model.