Top Ranking in Data Center Security
Surveyed IT decision-makers choose Cisco as the top data center security supplier.
Enhance Next-Generation Firewalls
Application Control and Web Security now available on Cisco ASA 5500-X.
Cisco 2013 Annual Security Report
Read breaking analysis with a global perspective into evolutionary threats.
Security Across Hybrid Networks
Cisco Data Center Security Accelerates Your Business
Cisco Data Center Security offers the following key benefits:
Ease of Provisioning
Cisco takes the deployment of new, highly secure services from weeks to hours. Take full advantage of the benefits of the Cisco ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliance and Security Group Tags and reduce manual firewall rule policy management.
Get eight times the performance compared to competitive firewalls. Experience enhanced availability and resilience through shared virtual port channel and Cisco FabricPath innovations with Cisco Nexus 7000 Switches.
Extend a chain of trust from the user to the application through Security Group Tags. Threats are blocked before they can disrupt data center services through Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) solutions.
Cisco Data Center Security Products
- Cisco ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliances meet the high-performance needs of mission-critical data centers
- Cisco SWT Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software Release 9.0 delivers enterprise-class security capabilities for ASA devices
- Cisco ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall helps provide security to the tenant edge inside the data center, separating the compute from the virtual firewall
- Cisco Virtual Security Gateway for Nexus 1000V Series Switch helps provide granular inter-virtual machine security within a tenant
- Cisco vPath technology steers traffic to the designated Cisco virtual security gateway (find more information on the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches page
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches provide familiar physical Cisco switch features in the virtual environment
- Cisco IPS 4500 Series Sensors are specifically engineered for small data center spaces
- Cisco Virtual Network Management Center is a centralized console that helps administer security policies
Extensive testing has proven that Cisco data center solutions meet the design reliability and stability requirements for highly secure data centers, virtual data centers, and private clouds.
Cisco Virtual Multi-Service Data Center (VMDC) helps secure the Cisco Unified Data Center (UDC), which hosts mission-critical applications and sensitive data. Cisco UDC improves the economics of the data center by unifying computing, storage, networking, virtualization, and management into a single, fabric-based platform. This platform is designed to:
- Increase operating efficiencies
- Simplify IT operations
- Provide business agility
Tightly integrated with UDC are security controls provided by:
- Market-leading firewall
- Hardware-accelerated intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Appliances and applications for the virtual and multi-tenant environment
This VMDC environment is intuitive, powerful, and highly secure. It provides superior, real-time protection for critical information assets. A Cisco VMDC for data center design guide can help you get started.
Log in to access tools and resources.
Securing Virtual Applications and Servers (PDF - 580 KB)
Smart Business Architecture - Virtualization with UCS, Nexus 1000v and VMWare
Three Necessary Security Measure to Empower Data Center Transformation
Virtual Security in the Data Center (PDF - 460 KB)
Find details about hardware devices, software applications, and specialized components that relate to your networking solution.