Protect Your Storage Investment
Cisco PIX Security Appliance customers are encouraged to migrate to Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances. Built on the same software foundation as Cisco PIX Security Appliances, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series offers more robust firewall and IPsec VPN capabilities, as well as many additional benefits, including:
- Significantly better performance and scalability
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN support (including clientless, portal-based remote access)
- Advanced Unified Communications (voice/video) security
- A modular design that allows you to add features such as intrusion prevention (IPS), anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-phishing, and URL filtering.
Migration to the Cisco ASA 5500 Series is straightforward. Customers can take advantage of their knowledge and investment in Cisco PIX Security Appliances, because there are essentially no changes in user interface, operations, or training.
Get additional information about the Cisco PIX Security Appliances end-of-sale announcement.
Cisco PIX-to-ASA Migration Tool
Cisco offers the Cisco PIX-to-ASA Migration Tool to assist customers in the process of converting their Cisco PIX Security Appliance configurations to Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliance configurations. Available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, the tool can be downloaded from the Cisco.com Software Center.
- Cisco Announces the End of Sale of Cisco PIX Security Appliances
Learn more about the Cisco PIX Security Appliance end of sale and migration options to the Cisco ASA 5500 Series.
- Download Cisco PIX-to-ASA Migration Tool
Assists customers in converting their Cisco PIX Security Appliance configurations to Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliance configurations.
- Cisco PIX to Cisco ASA Security Appliance Upgrade Program
Learn how you can trade in your Cisco PIX security appliances for a credit toward the purchase of Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances.