The Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Logo Program provides a means for qualified professionals to indicate their achievement of CCIE status. CCIE professionals may use the CCIE Logo ("Logo") along with their CCIE numeric identifier ("CCIE number") on business cards, letterhead and other personalized materials.
We've created these guidelines to assist you in your use of the Logo. Please review the following carefully. Except as expressly authorized in writing by Cisco Systems, you may only use the Logo provided and only in compliance with these requirements. Any use of the Logo indicates your agreement to comply with these guidelines.
The Value of the CCIE Certification
In order to protect the value of the CCIE certification, it is very important that the CCIE name and the Logo be used appropriately and only by the individuals who have earned the right to use it. You should limit the use of the Logo to personalized materials upon which your name and CCIE number are prominently evident. Since this is a certification of an individual, the wordmark and Logo should not be used to promote a company or any other entity in such a way that might create confusion around the certification status of other individuals within that company or entity. If your company wishes to be certified by Cisco Systems, there are specific corporate programs available that exist to make this possible.
The CCIE Logo
The CCIE Logo consists of the words, Cisco Certified, CCIE and the technology track name framed by a stylized laurel wreath. Please use the camera-ready or soft-copy art provided by Cisco Systems when reproducing the Logo. You may not alter the Logo in any manner including size, typeface, proportions, colors, elements or location of any of the text in relationship to the router icon element. You may not animate, morph, or otherwise distort its perspective or two-dimensional appearance.
How to use the CCIE Logo
The Logo may be used in the following manner:
- In one-color printing, the Logo can be either black or PMS 3035 (deep blue) on a light background. On a dark background, the Logo can be either Cool Gray (Gray 2) or silver embossed. Four-color process match is acceptable.
- The Logo may also be reversed out of a dark background to the color of the paper the Logo is being printed on.
- You may only use the Logo for the highest level of certification you have achieved.
- Do not use the Logo on a patterned background or on one that is too light or too dark for it to read well.
- Do not incorporate or combine the Logo into any other graphic element or add any language or design features to the Logo.
Where to use the CCIE Logo
The CCIE Logo may be used on your personal Web site as long as it is directly associated with your name and CCIE identification number. On a Web page or as a launch button, the maximum Logo size is 66 pixels wide. Please use the file supplied by Cisco.
Business Cards, Letterhead and Advertising
The Logo may be used on your personal business cards, on business cards provided to you by your company, on personalized letterhead or in advertising and other promotional materials ONLY if it is directly associated with your name and CCIE number. The maximum size of the Logo in any printed materials is .35".
Where NOT to use the CCIE Logo
- The Logo may not be used on products or on packaging.
- The Logo may not be used on any printed materials that do not specify the certification holder's CCIE number.
- The Logo may not appear on or in connection with any marketing materials for any individual other than the one to which a specific CCIE number has been issued.
- The Logo may not appear on any materials that disparage Cisco Systems, its partners or its products or services that infringe upon any Cisco Systems intellectual property or other rights, or that violate any state, federal or foreign law or regulation.
The Cisco Systems name and the CCIE name or any potentially confusing variations may never be incorporated as part of the name of a product or service of your company.
Text References to the CCIE Program
The name CCIE may be used in textual descriptions that make fair and accurate references to the program and to your certification status. Since it is a trademark, it should be used as an adjective and never as a noun.
An example of proper use:
- "John Smith is certified under the CCIE program; CCIE No. 1234" or "John Smith, CCIE No. 1234"
An example of IMPROPER USE:
- "John Smith is a CCIE" or "XYZ company is CCIE certified"
Include the following notice on all marketing material:
This material is not sponsored or endorsed by Cisco Systems, Inc. Cisco, Cisco Systems, CCIE and the CCIE Logo are trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and its affiliates. The symbol is included in the Logo artwork provided to you and should never be deleted from this artwork.
Review and Approval Process
You agree to cooperate fully with any request by Cisco Systems to review any materials reflecting the Logo and to promptly make any changes required by Cisco to conform to these Guidelines.
Other Terms and Conditions
You hereby acknowledge Cisco Systems' ownership of the Logo, agree not to challenge or otherwise carry out any act that would impair Cisco Systems' rights in the Logo and further agree not to register or otherwise attempt to obtain rights in this Logo or any confusingly similar mark. Nothing herein is intended to grant any right in the Logo other than the right to use the Logo in accordance with the requirements set forth herein. Your license to use the Logo will terminate no later than termination or expiration of your CCIE certification. Notwithstanding any other termination provision, however, Cisco Systems reserves the right to terminate your right to use the Logo for any use that does not conform to these requirements, that infringes on Cisco Systems' intellectual property or other right, or that violates other applicable law.