Cisco Certified Technican Routing and Switching (CCT Routing and Switching) certification focuses on the skills required for onsite support and maintenance of Cisco routers, switches, and operating environments. Technicians in this area must be able to identify Cisco router and switch models, accessories, cabling, and interfaces; understand the Cisco IOS Software operating modes and identify commonly found software; and be able to use the Cisco Command Line Interface (CLI) to connect and service products. Achieving CCT Routing and Switching certification is considered the best foundation for supporting other Cisco devices and systems.
Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam(s)||Recommended Training|
|640-692 RSTECH||Supporting Cisco Routing and Switching Network Devices|
The following resources are suggested study materials:
A comprehensive list of study materials is also available.
Cisco Learning Network Resources
- CCT Routing & Switching Certification Exam Details
- CCT Routing & Switching Certification Study Group
- Cisco Learning Network Premium Subscription
- IT Training Videos and Seminars
Get all your CCT Routing and Switching questions answered.
Learning Partner Content
The best way to prepare for this certification is to take the Cisco-approved training:
Supporting Cisco Routing and Switching Network Devices (RSTECH)
This is a 5- to 6-hour, on-demand training course that is designed for field support engineers working with Cisco routers, switches, and operating software.
To earn this Cisco certification, you must pass the following exam(s):
The 640-692 RSTECH exam is required for Cisco CCT Routing and Switching certification. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge of the skills required to perform onsite support and maintenance of Cisco routers, switches, and operating software. The exam also tests a candidate's ability to work effectively with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC). Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the Supporting Cisco Routing and Switching Network Devices v1.0 online training course, available from the Cisco Learning Network Store.
CCT Routing and Switching certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following exams before the certification expiration date:
- Pass the current CCT RSTECH exam, or
- Pass the current ICND1 exam AND current ICND2 exam, or
- Pass the current CCNA Composite exam, or
- Pass the current DCICN exam and DCICT exam, or
- Pass the current SPNGN1 exam and SPNGN2 exam, or
- Pass the current CCDA exam, or
- Pass any current CCNA Concentration exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX professional level exam, or
- Pass any current Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams or Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations [ITI] exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam, or current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification).