Restrictions for Access Phone Numbers and Notification Labels
The Join Teleconference notification pop-up box in the meeting room can display only a limited number of characters. Because this limitation applies to all characters, including the meeting ID, HMTL tags, spaces, and punctuation, the number of label characters that are displayed might vary for each meeting.
We recommend that you minimize the number of characters entered in the label fields to avoid the character limitation. If you exceed the maximum number of characters, the information displayed in the notification pop-up box is automatically modified in the following ways, in the presented order, until the number of characters falls below the maximum:
1. The headings in the notification pop-up box are deleted, for example “Dial in from your phone.”
2. Bold characters are changed to normal characters.
3. The text in the Label for access phone number 3 field is changed to “Or: ”.
4. The text in the Label for access phone number 4 field is changed to “Or: ”.
To verify that the phone numbers and labels correctly appear in the notification pop-up box in the meeting room, take these actions:
1. Schedule a web and voice meeting using a 17-digit meeting ID (maximum allowed characters).
2. Join the meeting.
When you enter the meeting room, verify that the phone numbers and labels appear correctly in the Join Teleconference notification pop-up box.
If you are not satisfied with the appearance of the meeting phone numbers and notification labels, reduce the number of characters in the notification labels.
Configuring Access Phone Numbers and Notification Labels
You can configure up to four phone numbers and descriptive labels for users to dial in to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace. These phone numbers and labels appear in these places:
- Email notifications
- Cisco Unified MeetingPlace web user portal
- Join Teleconference notification pop-up box in the meeting room
- Cisco Unified IP Phone screens (only when subscribed to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace PhoneView)
Before You Begin
Step 1 Sign in to the Administration Center.
Step 2 Select System Configuration > Usage Configuration.
Step 3 Configure these fields:
Step 4 Select Save.
Step 5 Restart the system by entering the sudo mpx_sys restart command in the Application Server CLI.
What To Do Next
Configure your call-control device to route calls to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace. See Configuring Call Control.