The Licensing system, specifically the License Usage Report, has been revised to track and report on the usage and consumption of licenses on a per-user basis and unassigned device by device type. Licenses are now installed on the Enterprise License Manager and are no longer installed on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager. For more information, see the "Licensing" chapter of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Features and Services Guide.
Enterprise License Manager introduces centralized license fulfillment and management that collects license usage information for all connected publishers or servers, and compares them to the licenses installed on the Enterprise License Manager. The following functionality is introduced as part of Enterprise License Manager:
- License migration utility – automatically migrates pre-Release 9.0 installed licenses once a system with pre-Release 9.0 installed licenses is upgraded to 9.0(1). The License Migration Utility bases its calculations on current configuration information (users, devices per user, and unassigned devices) and carries forward unused phone unit (device license units) licenses for use for conversion to 9.0 licenses.
- License sharing – available licenses are shared between connected product instances to meet the total license requirements
- Tiered license substitution – available higher level licenses are loaned to meet lower level license requirements
For more information, see the Enterprise License Manager User Guide.
Introduces Advanced User Connect License (not made commercially available). The following devices require Advanced User Licenses in 9.0(1):
- Cisco IP Communicator
- Cisco Unified Personal Communicator
- Carrier-Integrated Mobile
- Unified Client Services Framework
- Cisco Telepresence EX60
- Cisco Telepresence EX90
Cisco Unified Workspace License (UWL) Standard is allowed for up to two devices per user.
UWL Premium License (not made commercially available) is introduced. The following devices require UWL Premium Licenses in 9.0(1):
- Cisco Dual Mode for Android
- Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone
- Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator
- IMS-integrated Mobile
Software feature and node licenses are no longer applicable as of 9.0(1).
Single Screen and Multi Screen TelePresence licenses are no longer applicable and have been combined with one TelePresense Room License that applies for all immersive and multi-purpose TelePresence devices.
The following license types are no longer applicable:
- UWL Entry
- UWL APAC
- Adjunct UCL
- Public space UCL
- Video desktop UCL
- Mobile UCL
- Hotel UCL