Setting Up Phone View in Unity Connection 8.x
The Phone View feature allows users to see search results on the LCD screens of their Cisco IP phones when they use the Find Message or the Display Message menu. When Phone View is enabled, Unity Connection users can search for the following types of voice messages:
- All new messages
- All messages
- Messages from a particular user
- Messages from all outside callers
- Messages from a particular outside caller
Phone View works only with Cisco Unified Communications Manager phone systems, and only with certain Cisco IP phones. See the applicable requirements documentation for detailed information:
Phone View can be used with either the touchtone or the voice-recognition version of the phone conversation.
To set up Phone View, complete the following tasks in the order presented:
1. Create a CTI application user in Cisco Unified CM, and associate the applicable user devices with this user. See To Configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager for Phone View (Cisco Unified CM 6.x and Later).
2. Enable Phone View for a phone system integration on Unity Connection. See the To Enable Phone View for a Phone System (Cisco Unified Communications Manager Only).
3. Enable Phone View for users. See the “Phone View in Cisco Unity Connection 8.x” section in the “Setting Up Features and Functionality Controlled By User Account Settings in Unity Connection 8.x” chapter of the User Moves, Adds, and Changes Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 8.x, at http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmacx/8xcucmac040.html.
To Configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager for Phone View (Cisco Unified CM 6.x and Later)
Step 1 In Cisco Unified CM Administration, select User Management > Application User.
Step 2 On the Find and List Application Users page, select Add New.
Step 3 On the Application User Configuration page, do the following substeps to create a CTI user account that has access to all user phones for Phone View:
a. In the User ID field, enter a unique name for the application user. For example, enter “PhoneViewUser.”
b. In the Password field, enter a password for the application user.
c. In the Confirm Password field, re-enter the password that you entered in Step 3b.
d. Under Device Information, to the right of the Available Devices field, select Find More Phones.
e. On the Find and List Phones page, select the phones on which you want to enable Phone View and select Add Selected.
f. On the Application User Configuration page, confirm that the phones on which you want to enable Phone View appear in the Controlled Devices field so that the phones are associated with the application user.
For any phones that you selected in Step 3e. and that appear in the Available Devices field, select the applicable phones and select the Down arrow below the field to move the phones to the Controlled Devices field.
g. Under Permissions Information, select Add to User Group.
h. On the Find and List User Groups page, check the Standard CCM Admin Users check box and select Add Selected.
i. On the Application User Configuration page, select Save.
j. Under Application User Information, select Edit Credential.
k. On the Credential Configuration page, confirm that the User Must Change at Next Sign-In check box is not checked and select Save.
Step 4 Continue with the “To Enable Phone View for a Phone System (Cisco Unified Communications Manager Only)” section.
To Enable Phone View for a Phone System (Cisco Unified Communications Manager Only)
Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand Telephony Integrations, then select Phone System.
Step 2 Find the Cisco Unified Communications Manager phone system that you want to change.
Step 3 Under Phone View Settings, check the Enable Phone View check box.
Step 4 In the CTI Phone Access User Name field, enter the name of the application user that you created in Cisco Unified Communications Manager for the Phone View features. Note that the username is case-sensitive.
Step 5 In the CTI Phone Access Password field, enter the password for the application user.
Step 6 Select Save.