How do I join a conference on a Cisco TelePresence MCU if my endpoint does not support FECC or DTMF?
You can connect an endpoint to a conference without the use of these two features in a number of ways:
- Register the conference's Numeric ID and the endpoint with the same gatekeeper. Then dial the E.164 number from the endpoint. The endpoint is connected directly to the conference rather than to the auto attendant. Also, if you use a MCU service prefix (in the Settings > Gatekeeper page), then you do not need to register the Numeric ID for every conference with the gatekeeper; instead, dial the service prefix followed by the conference’s Numeric ID and the endpoint will be connected to that conference.
- Dial the endpoint from the MCU or set it up as a pre-configured participant for the conference so that it is dialed automatically when the conference starts. Again, the endpoint is connected directly to the conference.
- If the participant has dialed and connected to the auto attendant, use the MCU’s Conferences > Move participants page to drag-and-drop the participant from the auto attendant in to the appropriate conference. You do not need to use a gatekeeper.
This article applies to the following products:
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4200 / MSE 8420
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4500
- Cisco TelePresence MSE 8510 blade