How do I connect to the console port on my Cisco acquired Codian unit?
This article applies to the following products:
- Cisco TelePresence IP GW 3500 / MSE IPGW blade
- Cisco TelePresence IP VCR 2200 / MSE VCR blade
- Cisco TelePresence ISDN GW 3200 and 3241 / MSE 8310 and 8321 ISDN blades
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4200 Series
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4500 Series
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 5300 Series
- Cisco TelePresence MCU MSE Series
- Cisco TelePresence MSE 8050 Supervisor
- Cisco TelePresence Advanced Media Gateway 3600
The console port operates the same way on all Cisco acquired Codian units. Follow these steps:
- Ensure power is connected to the unit and the Status LED is green.
- Connect the console port of the unit to the serial port of your PC using the RJ45 to DB9 cable supplied.
- Use a serial terminal program, such as HyperTerminal, to connect to the unit.
- Set your terminal software to the following settings:
- Baud rate: 38400
- Data bits: 8
- Parity: none
- Stop bits: 1
- Flow control: none
- Press Enter and the command prompt appears on the terminal.
Further instructions on setting up your hardware are provided in the appropriate Getting Started Guide.
: Cisco TelePresence MCU software version 4.0 introduces the ability to disable the console port on the MCU. See the online help for details.
|October 16th, 2012