Is Cisco a member of a WEEE compliance scheme?
Cisco is committed to meeting the requirements of the European Union (EU) Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive. This Directive requires producers of electrical and electronic equipment to finance the takeback, for reuse or recycling, of their products placed on the EU market after August 13, 2005.
Cisco products that are within the scope of the Directive are labelled with a crossed-out "wheelie-bin" symbol, as required by the Directive. It indicates that the product was placed on the market after August 13, 2005 and that end users should segregate the product from other waste at end-of- life.
For Cisco's position regarding WEEE enter the following url: http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac227/ac228/ac231/about_cisco_WEEE_position_statement.html
This article applies to the following products:
- Cisco TelePresence IP GW 3500 / MSE IPGW blade
- Cisco TelePresence IP VCR 2200 / MSE VCR blade
- Cisco TelePresence ISDN GW 3200 and 3241 / MSE 8310 and 8321 ISDN blades
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4200 / MSE 8420
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4500
- Cisco TelePresence MSE 8000 Chassis
- Cisco TelePresence MSE 8050 Supervisor
- Cisco TelePresence MSE 8510 blade
|April 30th, 2011