Adding or Editing a Route Map
In ASDM, you can define a route map by adding, editing, or deleting a route map name, sequence number, or redistribution.
To add or edit a route map, perform the following steps:
Step 1 In ASDM, choose Configuration > Device Setup > Routing > Route Maps .
Step 2 Click Add .
The Add Route Map or Edit Route Map dialog box appears.
Step 3 Enter the route map name and sequence number. The route map name is the name that you assign to a particular route. The sequence number is the order in which you add or delete the route map entries into the ASA.
Note If you are editing an existing route map, the fields for Route Map name and sequence number are already filled in.
Step 4 To reject route matches from redistribution, click Deny . If you use an ACL in a route map Deny clause, routes that are permitted by the ACL are not redistributed. To allow route matches for redistribution. click Permit . If you use an ACL in a route map Permit clause, routes that are permitted by the ACL are redistributed.
In addition, if you use an ACL in a route map Permit or Deny clause, and the ACL denies a route, then the route map clause match is not found and the next route map clause is evaluated.
Step 5 Click the Match Clause tab to choose routes to which this clause should be applied, and set the following parameters:
- Check the Match first hop interface of route check box to enable or disable matching the first hop interface of a route or to match any routes with the specified next hop interface. If you specify more than one interface, then the route can match either interface.
– Enter the interface name in the Interface field, or click the ellipses to display the Browse Interface dialog box.
– Choose the interface type ( inside or outside ), click Selected Interface , then click OK .
– Check the Match IP Address check box to enable or disable the Match address of a route or match packet.
– Check the Match Next Hop check box to enable or disable the Match next hop address of a route.
– Check the Match Route Source check box to enable or disable the Match advertising source address of the route.
– Choose Access List to Prefix List from the drop-down list to match the IP address.
– According to the previous selection, click the ellipses to display the Browse Access List or Browse Prefix List dialog box.
– Choose the ACL or prefix list that you want.
- Check the Match metric of route check box to enable or disable matching the metric of a route.
– In the Metric Value field, type the metric values. You can enter multiple values, separated by commas. This setting allows you to match any routes that have a specified metric. The metric value can range from 0 to 4294967295.
- Check the Match Route Type check box to enable or disable matching of the route type. Valid route types are External1, External2, Internal, Local, NSSA-External1, and NSSA-External2. When enabled, you can choose more than one route type from the list.
Step 6 Click the Set Clause tab to modify the following information, which will be redistributed to the target protocol:
- Check the Set Metric Clause check box to enable or disable the metric value for the destination routing protocol, and type the value in the Value field.
- Check the Set Metric Type check box to enable or disable the type of metric for the destination routing protocol, and choose the metric type from the drop-down list.