New Software Features in Cisco IOS XE Release 3.11S
The following features are introduced in Cisco IOS Release 3.11S.
Dissimilar PHB Match at Ingress and Egress
The dissimilar per-hop behavior (PHB) match on exp is supported for Ingress and Egress on MPLS and VPLS interfaces.
In earlier releases prior to Cisco IOS XE Release 3.11S, when qos-group or discard-class based on exp classification was configured, Egress based classification was not allowed on any other classification except Ingress set qos-group or discard-class. This was due to the PHB security model.
With Cisco IOS XE Release 3.11, only EVC based tunnel type configuration with either Layer2 VPN or Layer3 VPN is supported. For more information see
– Quality of Service Configuration Guidelines for Cisco ASR 900 Router Series
This feature generates an alert when the Cisco ASR 903 Router encounters any of the following conditions:
- Interface error-disable
- Power failure or removal of power supply cable
For more information see, Cisco ASR 900 Router Series Configuration Guide .
IPv6 Multicast: PIM v6
This feature supports the following:
- PIM Source-Specific Multicast—The PIM source-specific multicast (SSM) routing protocol supports SSM implementation and is derived from PIM-SM.
- PIM Sparse Mode (PIM-SM)—IPv6 multicast provides support for intra domain multicast routing using PIM sparse mode (PIM-SM).
- PIM Embedded RP Support—Embedded RP support allows the device to learn RP information using the multicast group destination address instead of the statically configured RP.
- PIM Accept Register—supports the PIM accept register feature to perform PIM-SM register message filtering at the RP.
For more information see, IP Multicast: Multicast Configuration Guide, Cisco IOS XE Release 3S (Cisco ASR 900 Series)