This document describes how to set the Cisco Cius back to a factory reset.
There are no specific requirements for this document.
The information in this document is based on Cisco Cius (any hardware version).
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
Refer to Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for information on document conventions.
This procedure describes how to reset the Cius to factory default settings.
Note: This procedure is the same process that occurs when you select Factory Reset in the Cius under Privacy Settings.
Complete these steps in order to reset the Cius:
- Press and hold the Power button in order to power off the Cius.
- Press the Power button again in order to power on the Cius.
- While the Cius powers up, press and hold the Back and Menu buttons.
- View the red LED next to the front camera. When the LED blinks, release the Back and Menu buttons.
- Alternately press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons three times (+ - + - + -) within ten seconds.
Note: If the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are not pressed within ten seconds, the factory reset process aborts.
Once the LED stops blinking and the Cius resets, the Cius restarts and the Setup Assistant appears: