Field Notice: FN-63240 - MeetingPlace for Outlook 6.0(407.0) Server and Client - MeetingPlace Meetings Scheduled From Microsoft Outlook Will Not Generate A Meeting Notification To Recipients - Update Required
May 29, 2009
THIS FIELD NOTICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND DOES NOT IMPLY ANY KIND OF GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY. YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THE FIELD NOTICE OR MATERIALS LINKED FROM THE FIELD NOTICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. CISCO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR UPDATE THIS FIELD NOTICE AT ANY TIME.
May 29, 2009
Initial Public Release
MP Outlook GW - 6.0(407.0)
Only if you run both server and client 6.0(407.0).
MP Outlook GW - 6.0MR4
Only if you run both server and client 6.0MR4.
MeetingPlace meetings scheduled from within Microsoft Outlook do not generate a meeting notification to recipients.
When Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for Microsoft Outlook Server version 6.0(407.0) is installed and plug-ins are upgraded to version 6.0(407.0) on Microsoft Office Suite 2007 Service Pack2 Outlook clients, scheduling meetings from Microsoft Outlook no longer work.
- When you schedule a MeetingPlace meeting from within Microsoft Outlook, the New Meeting window freezes when you click the Save and Send button when MeetingPlace is selected.
- The MeetingPlace meeting is created, but no invitations are sent to the intended recipients.
- The Microsoft Outlook meeting request dialog box remains on the screen until you exit the dialog.
- The meeting request is not reflected in the your Sent items.
- If you already run Microsoft Office Suite 2007 SP2 - Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for Outlook release MPOL6.0(413.0) contains a hotfix for CSCsy55344 and can be downloaded at the end of this document.
- If you run Microsoft Office Suite 2007 SP1 with KB961752 installed - Either remove KB961752 or upgrade to Microsoft Office Suite 2007 SP2 and apply the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for Outlook release MPOL6.0(413.0) hotfix for CSCsy55344, which can be downloaded at the end of this document.
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for Outlook 6.0.413.0 (registered customers only)
To follow the bug ID link below and see detailed bug information, you must be a registered customer and you must be logged in.
|CSCsy55344 (registered customers only)
||MS Outlook 2007 SP2 and KB961752 hotfix break Outlook plug-in
For More Information
If you require further assistance, or if you have any further questions regarding this field notice, please contact the Cisco Systems Technical Assistance Center (TAC) by one of the following methods:
Receive Email Notification For New Field Notices
Product Alert Tool - Set up a profile to receive email updates about reliability, safety, network security, and end-of-sale issues for the Cisco products you specify.