Offer More Voice Calling options with Wi-Fi
Over the past two decades, voice over mobile networks has been the key revenue-generating application behind the adoption and growth of mobile services. Voice services have expanded beyond traditional circuit-switched services to over-the-top (OTT) services on the Internet. These include instant messaging, group chat, voice and video.
Service Providers have an opportunity to improve on the traditional offerings and OTT services by using LTE and Wi-Fi technology for voice calling. The adoption of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) is on the rise, and now operators have begun to deploy Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWi-Fi) technology as an additional voice calling option to complement cellular data deployments.
The Cisco 2016 Visual Networking Index shows that VoWi-Fi is going to surpass VoLTE by 2016 and VoIP by 2018 in terms of minutes of use. By 2020, VoWiFi will have 53 percent of mobile IP voice, up from 16 percent in 2015. VoLTE is expected to surpass VoIP minutes of use by 2019.
- A cost-effective solution to complement macro coverage voice services
- Customer retention for consistent, easy-to-use voice calling at a lower cost
- Single telephone number access of both office phones and mobile phones for enterprise employees
- Voice calls on non-SIM devices, expanding the number of devices used, and enhancing revenue streams
The Cisco VoWi-Fi solution combines the best of Cisco and partner technologies to provide you with compelling value. The solution, which is part of our Mobility portfolio, includes:
- Cisco Universal Wi-Fi Solution
- The ePDG from Cisco Evolved Packet Core
- Cisco Policy Suite
- Cisco Prime Access Registrar for AAA services
- Enterprise PABX
The Cisco solution has been deployed by 350 operators worldwide, with demand for these services growing as deployments become easier.
Learn more about the Cisco Voice over Wi-Fi solution. Read the white paper or contact your Cisco representative.
- Cisco Voice over Wi-Fi Solution White Paper
- VoWi-Fi Network Design Guide: Realize a High Definition Voice Experience (HDVX) White Paper
- Nov 18, 2014: CKN: HD Voice over Wi-Fi: The Game Changer Webcast (59 min)
- Jan 27, 2015 CKN: Securely Connect Voice over Wi-Fi Using Cisco Evolved Packet Data Gateway Webcast (57 min)