Lay the Foundation for Network Convergence
IP over dense wavelength-division multiplexing (IPoDWDM) is a technology pioneered by Cisco that delivers superior service flexibility, scalability, and resiliency. It allows carriers to capitalize on increasingly bandwidth-intensive and complex applications for next-generation Internet innovations and collaborative business services.
Enhance Your IP Transport Through Innovation
IPoDWDM collapses network layers by tightly integrating DWDM interfaces with the routing platform. This increases efficiency, simplifies management, and accelerates service delivery. Combined with industry-leading omnidirectional and colorless reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexer (ROADM) technology, IPoDWDM reduces service truck rolls, power consumption, and space and cooling requirements.
Numerous providers now use the power of IPoDWDM to distribute video content rapidly and efficiently over an all-IP network. They can provision additional network capacity instantly as demand increases for any-play consumer and managed business services.
The Cisco IPoDWDM solution reduces transport elements, while supporting advanced multilayer features such as proactive protection and control plane interaction, dramatically reducing operating expenses and capital costs.
Benefit from Valuable Product Enhancements
The Cisco IPoDWDM solution features:
- Ultra long haul 100 Gb IPoDWDM capability, using the Cisco CRS 1-Port 100 Gigabit Ethernet Coherent DWDM Interface Module
- 100 Gb coherent regeneration using the single-slot, 100 Gb trunk card on the ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP), fully compatible with proactive protection.
- Proactive protection on the Cisco ASR 9000 Series 2-Port and 1-Port 100 Gigabit Ethernet Line Cards
- Industry-leading 10 Gb IPoDWDM density on the ASR 9000 Series 36-Port and 24-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Line Cards
- Complete Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) interoperability between the CRS-3, ASR 9000, and ONS 15454 MSTP