Mobile, Efficient Connected Networks
Improve safety and reduce accidents with Cisco Connected Roadways. (5:04 min)
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, traffic congestion in the United States alone results in more than 4 billion hours of travel delay and nearly 3 billion gallons of gas used, at a cost of US$80 billion a year. Studies also show that for every minute spent clearing an accident from a road, there is a 4-minute delay to get traffic moving again.
Cisco Connected Roadways securely connect disparate intelligent transportation systems to improve traffic flow, reduce roadside incidents, and provide a centralized view of highway systems. This view includes road conditions, traffic, construction, and transit information. You benefit from improved decision making and reduced operating and maintenance costs.
Other challenges that Cisco Connected Roadways can help address are:
- Meeting security mandates
- Communicating with Amber Alert Emergency Response systems
- Reducing the number of incident responses on roads
- Timely clearing accidents to reduce more dangerous secondary accidents
- Compliance with air pollution regulations
The business benefits of Cisco Connected Roadways include:
- Reduced infrastructure costs and improved resource use
- Improved operational efficiencies
- Enhanced security and safety
- Greater collaboration between emergency and transit operators and agencies
- New revenue opportunities for innovative roadside services
Cisco Connected Roadways
Cisco® Connected Roadways creates a converged network infrastructure to transform roadway systems, supporting transit signal prioritization (TSP), computer-aided dispatch and automated vehicle location (CAD/AVL), dedicated short-range communications (DSRC), network management, data analytics and wireless bulk data transfer (WBDT).
- Cisco Connected Roadways AAG (PDF - 668 KB)
- Cisco Connected Roadways Solution Overview (PDF - 964 KB)
Network Connectivity for Roadways - Switching
Network Connectivity for Roadways - Routing and Mobility
- 819 Integrated Services Router
- 3945 Integrated Services Router
- 4451-X Integrated Services Router
- ASR 900 Series Aggregation Services Router
- ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Router
Connected Safety and Security for Roadways
Wireless Access Points for Roadways
A complete suite of P25LTE Multivendor, interoperable communication solutions for dispatch centers and operations in the transportation, utilities, manufacturing, healthcare, public safety and education markets.
Cisco IE 2000/3000 Series Switches
The Cisco IE 2000 and 3000 Switches provide a rugged, highly secure infrastructure. With open standards based security, Power over Ethernet (PoE) and industrial design and compliance, they're ideal for harsh outdoor environments.
Cisco Aironet 3500 Series with CleanAir technology are the first 802.11n access points to create a self-healing, self-optimizing wireless network. They intelligently avoid interference and provide high performance connectivity for mission-critical applications and mobility
See how the Cisco Machine-to-Machine Gateway is connecting networks in even the harshest outdoor environments. It is designed to withstand the shock and vibration commonly experienced within the transportation industry.
Cisco Video Surveillance 6000 Series IP Cameras are high definition (HD) with an open, standards-based design. The cameras provide an ideal platform for operation as independent devices or as part of a Cisco Video Surveillance Network.
Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences solution is built on location intelligence from the Cisco Wi-Fi network and Mobility Services Engine. It can help transportation organizations increase efficiency with passenger location tracking, and boost satisfaction with location-enabled mobile applications.
Improved Safety, Mobility and Traffic Flow
See how Cisco Connected Roadways can help improve safety and reduce accidents.Register for Webcast