Turn Data Centers into Private Clouds
Automated management makes FlexPod an ideal platform, ESG reports.
FlexPod is a converged compute, networking, and storage solution developed by Cisco and NetApp. Its solution configurations and workloads are published as Cisco Validated Designs. FlexPod is categorized by established, emerging client needs:
- FlexPod Datacenter was developed for large enterprises
- FlexPod Express serves small and medium enterprises
- FlexPod Select focuses on high-capacity and performance for specialized workloads
Cisco and NetApp support FlexPod deployments through the Cooperative Support Model.
FlexPod Customer Webcast
See how FlexPod innovations help customers improve performance, scalability and availability.Register Now
Investing in Business Continuance
Learn the top five reasons you need to plan for non-stop business operations.Read Brochure
Reduce Downtime Risk
Find out how FlexPod provides a foundation for resilient data center architecture. (PDF - 220 KB)Read White Paper
FlexPod components include Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) servers, NetApp unified storage systems, and Cisco Nexus networking fabric. The FlexPod architecture can scale up or out, and can be optimized for a variety of mixed workloads in both virtualized and nonvirtualized environments.
Large enterprise data centers need agile platforms with high availability and scalable storage. Along with reducing operating costs, CIOs want to use a converged infrastructure to support hybrid cloud computing.
Small and medium enterprises need simplified setup and use, interface to public cloud services, and greater value for their data center budgets.
An emerging enterprise trend is the need for purpose-built, high-capacity platforms for specialized workloads. Large-scale, real-time data analytics places unique demands on compute stacks. Video surveillance, in-memory databases, and public cloud infrastructures have similar capacity profiles.
FlexPod's architecture can be configured for the growing needs of all these clients. In two short years, FlexPod has delivered value to over 2500 customers across 35 countries worldwide.
Going forward, FlexPod customers and partners want configuration guidance, easy ordering, and validation for the configuration that is most aligned with their needs.
To better serve these emerging trends, FlexPod is introducing three named configurations:
- FlexPod Datacenter
- FlexPod Express
- FlexPod Select
Cisco UCS Director supports cohesive, flexible data centers, built on FlexPod, that increase IT and business agility, while reducing operational processes and expenses.
Cisco and NetApp support FlexPod through a Cooperative Support Model. It uses the expertise of Cisco and NetApp technologists that are, in turn, served by an advanced support lab infrastructure.
An overview of the FlexPod solution is available through an iPad App.
Market Focus: Medium and large enterprises requiring an efficient, highly secure, and scalable infrastructure
- Virtualized compute and storage
- Highly available clustered storage
- Unified 10 Gigabit Ethernet networking
- Multitenancy for workloads
- Management tools to facilitate configuration and operations
- FlexPod Datacenter with VMware vSphere 5.1U1 and Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches Design Guide
- Enhanced Secure Multitenancy Design Guide
- VMware vSphere 5.1 on FlexPod Deployment Guide for Clustered ONTAP
- VMware vSphere 5.1 on FlexPod with the Cisco Nexus 7000 Deployment Guide
- FlexPod with Microsoft Hyper-V Windows Server 2012 Deployment Guide
- Using FlexPod to Improve CareMetro Health (3:40 min)
- Improving SAP Application Performance with FlexPod (PDF - 707 KB)
- ITOCHU Expands Cloud-Based Services (PDF - 163 KB)
- FlexPod Datacenter with Citrix XenDesktop
- FlexPod Data Center with VMware vSphere 5.1 Update 1
- FlexPod Datacenter with VMware vSphere 5.1
- FlexPod IP Shared Storage Solution for Small and Medium-Size Businesses
- FlexPod Datacenter with VMware vSphere 5.1 and Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- FlexPod Datacenter with VMware vSphere 5.1, Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches, and IP-Based Storage
Market Focus: Small and medium enterprises requiring rapid deployment, support for multiple applications, and optimum value for their infrastructure budgets
- Simplified components
- Rapid provisioning
- Ease of operations
- Validated support for business applications
FlexPod Express delivers the built-in system efficiencies of Cisco UCS servers, Cisco Nexus switching, and NetApp FAS storage. Fewer IT resources are needed to manage a pool of server, network, and storage systems in a virtualized infrastructure. This simplified solution also reduces the number of devices that you need to purchase, cable, and power.
- FlexPod Express Solution Brief (PDF - 533 KB)
- FlexPod Express VMWare vSphere (PDF - 1.24 MB)
- FlexPod Express with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V (PDF - 1.25 MB)
Market Focus: Support for the specialized requirements for workloads such as data analytics, data management, video surveillance, medical imaging, and more
- High availability
- Validation with industry-standard data analytics workloads
Log in to access tools and resources specifically designed for Partners.