FlexPod is a integrated computing, networking, and storage solution developed by Cisco and NetApp. Its configurations and workloads are published as Cisco Validated Designs. FlexPod is categorized by established and emerging client needs:
- FlexPod Data Center was developed for large enterprises.
- FlexPod Express serves small and medium-sized enterprises.
- FlexPod Select focuses on high capacity and performance for specialized workloads.
Cisco and NetApp support FlexPod deployments through the Cooperative Support Model.
FlexPod components include Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) servers, Cisco Nexus switches, and NetApp unified storage systems.
The FlexPod architecture can scale up or out. And it can be optimized for a variety of mixed workloads in both virtualized and nonvirtualized environments.
Large enterprise data centers need agile platforms with high availability and scalable storage. Along with reducing operating costs, chief information officers want to use a converged infrastructure to support hybrid cloud computing.
Small and medium-sized enterprises need a simplified setup and easy use, access to public cloud services, and greater value for their data center budgets.
Many enterprises also need purpose-built, high-capacity platforms for specialized workloads. Large-scale, real-time data analytics place unique demands on computing stacks. Video surveillance, in-memory databases, and public cloud infrastructures have similar capacity needs.
FlexPod's architecture can be configured for the growing needs of all these clients. FlexPod is deployed with more than 4100 customers and available in more than 100 countries. For the future, FlexPod customers and partners want configuration guidance, easy ordering, and validation for the configuration that is most aligned with their needs.
To meet these emerging trends, FlexPod delivers three named configurations:
- FlexPod Data Center
- FlexPod Express
- FlexPod Select
Cisco and NetApp support FlexPod through a Cooperative Support Model, receive best in class experience from NetApp, Cisco and our ecosystem partners delivered through collaborative and coordinated support services for your FlexPod integrated infrastructure.
FlexPod benefits from integrated management in the form of Cisco UCS Director. UCS Director supports cohesive, flexible data centers, built on FlexPod, that increase IT and business agility, while reducing operational processes and expenses.
An overview of the FlexPod solution is available through an iPad app.
Design Zone for FlexPod
Get a preconfigured validated platform that meets your needs.Find a Design Guide
Get Market Perspectives
Cisco experts analyze why customers value FlexPod.Read Blogs
FlexPod Cooperative Support Model
Learn how cross-vendor collaboration results in faster issue resolution. (PDF – 352.9KB)Download Guide
FlexPod's architectural flexibility is underpinned by a series of Cisco Validated Designs. These guides cover the important areas of the FlexPod infrastructure, applications on FlexPod, and security.
Featured Validated Designs
- FlexPod with Cisco UCS Mini Design Guide (PDF - 2.1 MB)
- FlexPod Datacenter with VMware vSphere 5.1 Update 1 and Cisco Nexus 9000 ACI Design Guide (PDF - 7.7 MB)
- FlexPod Datacenter with VMware vSphere 5.5 U1 and Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches Design Guide (PDF - 2.8 MB)
- FlexPod Datacenter with VMware vSphere 5.5 Update 1 Design Guide (PDF - 3.9 MB)
- FlexPod Datacenter with VMware vSphere 5.5 Update 1 with 7 - Mode (PDF - 7.8 MB)
- FlexPod Data Center with VMware vSphere 5.1U1 and Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches Design Guide (PDF - 2.6 MB)
- FlexPod Data Center with VMware vSphere 5.1U1 and Cisco Nexus 6000 Series Switches Design Guide
- FlexPod Data Center with VMware vSphere 5.1 and Nexus 7000 Using FCoE Design Guide
- FlexPod Data Center with Cisco Secure Enclaves (PDF - 7.0 MB)
- FlexPod for SAP Applications (PDF - 4.7 MB)
- Secure Multitenancy and FlexPod (13:29 min)
- FlexPod Management and Automation (5:36 min)
- Introduction to FlexPod Express (2:14 min)
- FlexPod Datacenter with VMware vSphere 5.5 Update 1
- FlexPod Datacenter with VMware vSphere 5.1 Update 1 and Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- FlexPod Datacenter with VMware vSphere 5.1U1 and Cisco ACI (PDF - 144 KB)
- FlexPod Data Center with VMware vSphere 5.1, Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches, and NetApp MetroCluster for Multisite Deployment
- FlexPod Data Center with VMware vSphere 5.1 Update 1 and Cisco Nexus 6000 Series Switches
- FlexPod Data Center with Citrix XenDesktop (PDF - 193 KB)
- FlexPod Data Center with VMware vSphere 5.1 Update 1
- FlexPod Data Center with VMware vSphere 5.1
- FlexPod IP Shared Storage Solution for Small and Medium-Size Businesses (PDF - 580 KB)
- FlexPod Data Center with VMware vSphere 5.1 and Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- FlexPod Data Center with VMware vSphere 5.1, Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches, and IP-Based Storage
- FlexPod Express Solution Brief (PDF - 533 KB)
- FlexPod Express VMWare vSphere (PDF - 1.24 MB)
- FlexPod Express with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V (PDF - 1.56 MB)
Featured Case Studies
A more complete listing is available on the Data Center Case Studies.