What Is the Opportunity?
What Is the Challenge?
How Will This Impact My Business?
• Gain new services revenues on a per-channel or per-channel-package basis.
• Encourage adoption of high-end tier pricing service plans by bundling mobile TV channels.
• Gain incremental revenues selling additional video channels and packages. See the example in Figure 1.
Figure 1. Capture New Revenue Streams from Partnerships with TV Broadcasters (Vodafone Example)
What Do I Need?
• Cisco ASR 5000: Purpose-built mobile multimedia core platform that delivers the performance and intelligence required by today's mobile networks.
• Cisco In-line Services: Intelligent functions that are integrated into the Cisco ASR 5000 and implemented in the bearer traffic flow, eliminating the need for external lower-reliability network elements while simplifying the network through integrated functions and services. Mobile TV services utilize several In-line Services functions such as Application Detection and Control to recognize the type of session (i.e., video) and the source (i.e., from one of the operator's TV Broadcast partners). The Traffic Packet Optimization and Policy Enforcement functions ensure a high-quality subscriber viewing experience for the subscriber.
• Cisco Mobility Unified Reporting: Solution providing comprehensive statistical analysis and trending information of all network attributes and subscriber sessions through tight integration with the deep packet inspection (DPI) capabilities of the Cisco ASR 5000. Helps operators optimize network performance, target new services, and plan infrastructure investments.
• Cisco Policy and Charging Control (PCC): Standards-based, highly scalable solution for operators to efficiently optimize network resources across subscribers and services while providing significant revenue opportunities by enabling the deployment of new personalized services.
Get Started Today