What Is the Opportunity?
What Are the Challenges?
• Offering mobile data plans that permit sharing of a data usage quota across multiple members of a family or group
• Enabling parents or account owners to dynamically change services permissions and usage quotas across members of the group
How Will This Impact My Business?
• Increases average revenue per user (ARPU) through higher-priced family or group data plans
• Drives smartphone upgrades to families and SMBs resistant to "per subscriber" data plan pricing
• Provides up-sell opportunities for additional family-targeted services (e.g., Parental Controls, Family Locater Services, etc.), and add-on SMB services (e.g., Mobile VPN, Corporate Usage Controls)
• Increases customer stickiness with flexible account owner-controlled data plans that permit dynamic changes in user permissions and usage quotas across members. See Figure 1.
Figure 1. Parents Manage a Shared Data Quota, and Control Family Member Usage to the Application Level
What Do I Need?
• Cisco® ASR 5000: Purpose-built mobile multimedia core platform that delivers the performance and intelligence required by today's mobile networks.
• Cisco In-line Services: Intelligent functions that are integrated into the Cisco ASR 5000 and implemented in the bearer traffic flow, eliminating the need for external lower-reliability network elements while simplifying network through integrated functions and services. The Family/Group Data Plan utilizes several In-line Services functions such as Enhanced Charging Service, Intelligent Traffic Control, Content Filtering, and Policy Enforcement. Additionally, operators can leverage location information for additional service features, for example, block mobile video services when the child is at school.
• Cisco Mobility Unified Reporting: Solution providing comprehensive statistical analysis and trending information of all network attributes and subscriber sessions through tight integration with the deep packet inspection (DPI) capabilities of the Cisco ASR 5000. Helps operators optimize network performance, target new services, and plan infrastructure investments.
• Cisco Policy and Charging Control (PCC): Standards-based, highly scalable solution for operators to efficiently optimize network resources across subscribers and services while providing significant revenue opportunities by enabling the deployment of new personalized services. For the Family/Group Data Plan, the PCC solution enables account owners to control bandwidth and enforce quotas by group member and by application.
Get Started Today