Cisco Data Virtualization helps Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) boost productivity and cut costs while modernizing the IT infrastructure.
Download Case Study (PDF - 171 KB)
In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, recovery was the slowest on Long Island. LIPA needed ways to better serve its 1.1 million customers by:
- Improving employee efficiency with a faster, more accurate data access and power outage management system
- Modernizing its IT infrastructure to transform its storm response process
- Integrating new technologies faster, while sticking to project budgets and schedules
- Cisco Information Server created a single source for the most updated and accurate data.
- Cisco Plan and Build Services for Data Virtualization helped to facilitate services, such as training and migration.
- Cisco Data Virtualization Suite provided improved confidence and productivity, and helped accelerate integration of new technology.
- Enterprise approach to IT infrastructure helped to enable self-service business intelligence capabilities for customers.
- Cisco Data Virtualization greatly reduced system complexity and improved performance and reliability.
- Three-year project was completed in less than 12 months.
- Outage location accuracy improved by 150 percent.
- Data integration was 50 percent faster.