Solve Business Problems with Network Intelligence
Many organizations want to use Wi-Fi not only as a connectivity vehicle but also as a platform to deliver innovative mobile services and improve business processes. Cisco Mobility Services Engine (MSE) is a platform that helps organizations increase visibility into the network, customize location-based mobile services, and strengthen security.
Dive into Cisco Wi-Fi Analytics
Discover the technology and capabilities behind Cisco location-based services. (PDF – 831 KB)Read White Paper
Boost your network security with Cisco Wireless Intrusion Prevention System. (PDF – 168 KB)Read Overview
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Mobility Services Engine supports mobility services software in a modular fashion, with various solutions delivered through applications. Following are platform and licensing options:
- Physical appliance
- Virtual appliance
Cisco CleanAir technology uses silicon-level intelligence to create a self-healing, self-optimizing wireless network that mitigates the effects of wireless interference. CleanAir classifies and locates individual sources of interference and, when coupled with the Mobility Services Engine, tells you where the interferer is located and how it affects the performance or security of your network.
Cisco Base Location Services
With the Cisco Base Location license, organizations can take advantage of location services and features for a broad range of use cases. including:
- Advanced spectrum capabilities to enhance CleanAir technology and to capture and consolidate crucial information about RF spectrum, sources of RF interference, and mobile devices on the network
- Mobility Services API to help customers and partners tightly integrate location information into applications such as asset tracking or mobile apps
- Mobility Services software development kit to build indoor navigation capabilities and provide an easy guest access and app launching experience for mobile users
Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences
Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) is a Wi-Fi platform that can help organizations deliver customized, location-based mobile services to end users. The CMX license on the Cisco MSE includes:
- CMX Connect to provide a venue-specific, location-based mobile guest access experience
- CMX Analytics to gain insight into end-user behavior while inside their venue
- CMX for Facebook Wi-Fi to support a transparent guest Wi-Fi sign-on experience and to analyze guest profiles using the Cisco and Facebook Wi-Fi platforms
- CMX Dashboard to build and manage the CMX user journey
Cisco Wireless Intrusion Prevention System
The Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (wIPS) protects the network from penetration attacks, rogue wireless devices, and denial-of-service (DoS) attacks to improve security and meet compliance objectives. Read the Cisco MSE data sheet for more detailed product information.
Product Support Services
Cisco Services can help you increase operational efficiency, lower support costs, and improve availability risk management.
Specifications at a Glance
|Cisco 3355 Mobility Services Engine||
|Cisco Mobility Services Engine Virtual Appliance||
See the Cisco MSE data sheet for additional specification details and requirements.