Cost Effective Access Layer, 40 GE Connectivity
The Cisco Nexus 2248PQ provides 48 1 or 10 Gigabit Ethernet and Fibre Channel Over Ethernet (FCoE) Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus (SFP+) server ports, and four QSFP+ (16 10 GE SFP+) uplink ports in a compact one-rack-unit (1 RU) form factor.
The combination of the Cisco Nexus 2248PQ and upstream Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches and Cisco Nexus 6000 Series Switches provides a cost-effective access layer and scalable strategy for 10 GE and FCoE at the server access layer. It also helps to enable a smooth migration to a 40 GE network fabric.
Learn about recent innovations in the Cisco Nexus Fabric Extenders. (5:57 min)Read Data Sheet
Features and Capabilities
- The innovative Fabric Extender approach reduces data center cabling costs and footprint with optimized inter-rack cabling
- Converged fabric and FCoE at the server access layer reduce capital expenditure and operating expenses
- Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches and Cisco Nexus 6000 Series Switches provide a single point of management and policy enforcement
- Features for fast, easy management include auto-configuration
Increase Business Agility and Resilience
- Virtual Port Channel (vPC) and in-service software upgrades (ISSU) increase resilience
- Virtual machine - aware network services facilitate quick expansion of network capacity