Comprehensive Blade Server I/O Solutions
Cisco Blade Switches deliver blade server network services that extend from the blade server edge to clients at the network edge.
These purpose-built I/O solutions for Dell, FSC, HP, and IBM blade servers let you deploy a virtualized data center infrastructure. Among many other benefits, they can help you lower total cost of ownership as well as improve both end-user and IT productivity.
The Cisco Blade Switches family includes:
Advantages of Cisco Data Center Business Advantage solutions delivered through Cisco Blade Switches include:
Easy to operate and deploy
- Virtual blade switch technology reduces the number of switches to manage
- Management interface and troubleshooting tools are consistent with other Cisco Data Center Business Advantage products
- Simplified SAN switch management and scalable Fibre Channel deployment with N_port virtualization (NPV)
- Resilient LAN and SAN uplinks increase blade server and virtual machine availability
- Virtual machine portability and live migration do not compromise security policies
- Intelligent congestion management mechanisms optimize network bandwidth
- Virtual blade switch technology lets you configure network topology based on application needs
- Virtual machines stay connected to storage resources during live migration with Cisco FlexAttach
- Scalable LAN and SAN bandwidth as business needs grow
- Flexible options for configuration and management, such as a command-line interface and a GUI
- Technology Overview
The Cisco Blade Switch family is a flexible, smart server networking solution. (4:54 min)
- Blade Switch Technical Overview
Learn about VBS architecture, network design, and performance numbers.
- University Builds Scalable Data Center
University of Wyoming built a state-of-the-art data center using Cisco Blades technology.
Cisco Blade Switches for Dell
Cisco Blade Switches for FSC
Cisco Blade Switches for HP
Cisco Switch Modules for IBM
SFS Solutions for Blade Switches