Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Delivery of Security
Cisco Cloud Web Security (CWS) provides industry-leading security and control for the distributed enterprise. Users are protected everywhere, all the time when using CWS through Cisco worldwide threat intelligence, advanced threat defense capabilities, and roaming user protection.
NSS Labs Rates Sourcefire a Leader
Learn why Advanced Malware Protection is a leader in security effectiveness and TCO.Learn More
Features and Capabilities
Defend Against Web-Based Threats
Get near-real-time web protection, plus granular application visibility and control. CWS offers:
- Zero-day defense through heuristics engines, signatures, and more in a single cloud-delivered service
- Analysis of more than 100 TB of security intelligence and 13 billion web requests daily to detect and mitigate threats
- Granular visibility and control of more than 150,000 applications and micro-applications
Defeat Advanced Malware
Get advanced malware protection with detection and blocking, continuous analysis, and retrospective alerting. CWS provides:
- Advanced security for advanced threats to defeat known and unknown threats
- Protection across the attack continuum—before, during, and after an attack
- Superior visibility and control to see more detail and set granular policies
Move to an operating expenses (OpEx) model that lowers complexity for IT, while getting more out of your existing Cisco investment:
- Reduce costs by 30 to 40 percent, compared with on-premises products, with best-in-class malware defense
- Get built-in connector capability for Cisco web security appliances, firewalls, routers, and secure mobility clients
- Lower OpEx; let Cisco manage the backend infrastructure, with instant access to threat and application intelligence
Scale Your Solution with High Availability
Don't worry about adding another box for your web security challenges. Support a distributed enterprise across headquarters, branch offices, and roaming devices with unified policy enforcement, management, and reporting:
- Achieve 99.999 percent uptime
- Right-size your web security investment with per-user subscriptions that scale as your business grows
Connect to the Cloud with Flexibility
Easily authenticate and redirect traffic to the Cisco Security Cloud with flexible network connectors. Cisco Security Cloud delivers a simple web security solution that does not require any additional hardware. Simplify deployment on existing Cisco infrastructure. Customers get:
Cisco Integrated Services Router Generation 2 (ISR G2) with CWS Connector – Save bandwidth, money, and resources by redirecting traffic from branch offices directly to the cloud.
Cisco ASA Firewall with CWS Connector – Our firewall integrates with Cisco ASA Software Release 9.0 to provide security at firewall performance without adding data center or network complexity.
Cisco Web Security Appliance with CWS Connector – Take full advantage of content processing in the cloud with centralized management and policy enforcement.
Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client – Safeguard web-based transactions on roaming mobile devices to enforce distributed security policy anywhere your users go.
Advance Malware Protection – Get continuous visibility and control to defeat malware across the extended network and the full attack continuum—before, during, and after an attack.
Heartbleed Assessment Webcast
Assess and mitigate industry risk: Join Cisco Experts LiveWatch Now
Partner with a Security Leader
Cisco is named a Secure Web Gateways Magic Quadrant Leader in Gartner's 2013 report.Read Report
Embrace Social Media Securely
Advance granular content controls for safe social media use within your enterprise.Read White Paper