Build the Foundation for the Next-Generation Internet
The Cisco Carrier Routing System (CRS-X) provides outstanding economical scale, IP and optical network convergence, and a proven architecture that's delivered 10 times the capacity over 10 years. It offers advanced services intelligence, an environmentally-aware design, and system longevity. Furthermore, the CRS-X uses Cisco IOS XR Software, a unique self-healing and distributed operating system.
Extending the Elastic Core
The Cisco CRS-X provides economical scale with IP and optical network convergence. (4:42 min)
CRS-X: Intelligence and Speed
Cisco Carrier Routing System powers some of the world's largest service provider networks. (58 sec)
Features and Capabilities
To deliver video, cloud, and mobile services effectively, service providers need to migrate their 10G network infrastructures to 100G and beyond. They also recognize the importance of scaling economically and quickly adapting to topology shifts.
What's the best way to do all this? With an elastic core that's intelligent, programmable, and scalable. An elastic core with the Cisco Carrier Routing System (CRS-X), which can:
- Deliver continuous operations at 400 Gbps per slot
- Offer industry-leading scale from a single chassis to a multi-chassis system
- Support 100G speeds and beyond using programmable Cisco nLight Technology
- Combine intelligent IP, lean core transit, and optical transport services
- Improve network monetization through intelligent Layer 4-7 services
- Converged Transport Architecture
Improving Scale and Efficiency in Service Provider Backbone Networks.
- Building Cost Effective and Scalable Core Networks (PDF - 625 KB)
The Elastic Core is a scalable and flexible solution providing the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Benefits of Cisco Elastic Core (PDF - 451 KB)
This whitepaper describes the financial benefits of an intelligent, converged network.
Less Money, More Control
Improve visibility, traffic management, and more with Cisco WAN Automation Engine.
Learn about the similarities and differences of the models within this product series.
Cisco CRS-1 8-Slot Single-Shelf System
Cisco CRS-1 4-Slot Single-Shelf System
Cisco CRS-1 Multishelf System