ISR for Secure Mobile Data Communication
The Cisco 880G Series Integrated Services Routers (ISR) with embedded third-generation (3G) wireless WAN (WWAN) option are the next generation of fixed-configuration routers that provide collaborative business solutions for secure data communication to small businesses and enterprise teleworkers. Transparent integration of 3G wireless connectivity allows rapid installation, deployment flexibility, and resilient mobile broadband backhaul for primary and WAN backup. Theoretical limits of 21.1 Mbps on the downlink and 5.76 Mbps on the uplink for 3.7G HSPA+ Release 7 platforms.
The Cisco 880G Series is available in:
- GSM and UMTS models based on 3GPP that support 3.7G HSPA+, 3.5G HSPA, UMTS, EDGE, and GPRS
- CDMA models based on 3GPP2, that support EV-DO Rev A/Rev 0 and 1xRTT
- Small remote offices used to connect insurance agents, lawyers, or sales to a main office
- Virtual offices for corporate teleworkers with a mix of broadband connection types such as DS, 3G, and Ethernet
- Retail VPN for retail stores migrating from dialup connections for point-of-sale transactions. The 3G wireless option offers low-cost broadband access with security that complies data security requirements such as PCI
- Managed services requiring remote management and provisioning with SNMP and 3G MIB
Features and Benefits
- Embedded cellular modem with native SMS and standalone GPS
- Dual SIM support for HSPA/HSPA+ platforms
- Embedded 3G WWAN broadband for simplified installation and management. Includes strong integration with Cisco ISRs that include quality of service (QoS), intelligent network queuing, and robust security through Cisco IOS
- Next-generation 880G WWAN product family: Fanless chassis design with improved air flow, RSSI LED status bar, and 3G service LED with no changes to form factor. Common and built-in TNC connectors for external main and Diversity GPS cable/antenna accessories
3G Wireless Coverage and Approved Carriers for Cisco 880G
Find approved wireless 3G carriers for 880G Integrated Services Routers.
High-Performance Wireless Features for Routers (video)
Use 3G Wireless WAN for a fast, flexible, enterprise-class solution.