Deploy Differentiated Services While Protecting Investments
Rapidly deploy new services that can generate new revenueand reduce your capital and operating expensesby taking full advantage of the modular, intelligent architecture of the Cisco 12000 Series.
The flexibility to scale the Cisco 12000 Series routers from 2.5-Gbps to n x 10-Gbps capacity per slot helps enable carrier-class IP/MPLS networks while protecting your investments in chassis and line cards.
Also read about the Cisco XR 12000 Series Router, which combines the innovation of Cisco IOS XR Software with the investment protection of the Cisco 12000 Series.
- IP/MPLS core (long-haul and regional)
- Optical private line aggregation (OC-48 to DS0)
- ATM/Frame Relay transport services (over an IP/MPLS core)
- Cisco I-Flex design--A portfolio of shared port adapters (SPAs) and SPA interface processors (SIPs) that prioritize voice, video, and data services so you can meet your customers' diverse service needs and stringent service-level agreements
- Advanced silicon and software technologies, for high standards of routing performance and QoS
- Comprehensive high-availability support to help avoid planned and unplanned network downtime
- Integrated core and edge feature set, supporting a wide range of business and consumer services
- Fully upgradable modular switch fabric and Cisco IOS XR Software upgrade capability, to protect investments and reduce total cost of ownership.
For More Information:
- New Cisco SPA/SIP portfolio featuring the Cisco I-Flex design
- Relevant Interfaces and Modules
- Cisco XR 12000 Series routers
Deploying Diffserv in Backbone Networks (PDF - 301 KB)
This IEEE Internet Computing article covers best practices for designing, validating, deploying, and operating Differentiated Services Architecture (Diffserv) in the network backbone.
Learn about the similarities and differences of the models within this product series.
Cisco 12810 Router
Cisco 12416 Router
Cisco 12410 Router
Cisco 12406 Router
Cisco 12404 Router
Cisco 12016 Router
Cisco 12010 Router
Cisco 12006 Router
Interfaces and Modules