PDF(140.4 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:May 30, 2006
Product Bulletin No. 3287
Cisco Systems® announces the new Cisco® Catalyst® Blade Switch 3020 for HP. The Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 for HP is an integrated switch for HP c-Class BladeSystem customers that extends resilient and secure Cisco infrastructure services to the server edge and utilizes existing network investments to help reduce operational expenses.
The Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 for HP provides HP c-Class BladeSystem customers with an integrated switching solution that dramatically reduces cable complexity. This solution offers consistent network services such as high availability, quality of service (QoS), and security. It utilizes the comprehensive Cisco management framework to simplify ongoing operations. Cisco advanced network services in combination with simplified management help reduce total cost of ownership.
Table 1 lists the part numbers and product descriptions for the Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 for HP.
Table 1. Ordering Information for Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 for HP
Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 for HP
Gigabit Ethernet Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP), LC connector, short-wavelength transceiver
The Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 for HP provides the following hardware configuration:
• Sixteen internal 1000BASE ports connected to servers through the c-Class BladeSystem backplane
• Up to eight external Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports:
– Four external dual-media Ethernet interfaces. Interfaces can be either 1000BASE-SX SFP or 10/100/1000BASE-T ports. The SFP cage supports Gigabit Ethernet fiber short-wavelength SFP modules from Cisco Systems.
– Four additional external 10/100/1000BASE-T ports. Two of these ports can be configured to provide an internal crossover connection to an associated additional Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020.
• One Fast Ethernet connection to the HP Enclosure Onboard Administrator
• One external console port
Available with Cisco IOS
® Software, LAN Base image, the Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 offers a complete set of intelligent services to deliver security, QoS, and high availability in the server farm access environment.
The new Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 for HP begins shipping June 2006.