The Cisco® Cloud Email Security service combines best-in-class technologies to provide the most scalable and sophisticated email protection available today.
Customers of all sizes face the same daunting challenges: higher message volumes and fast-evolving email threats. Cisco Cloud Email Security delivers superior protection and control with the cost-effective convenience of a cloud deployment model. It is based on the same industry-leading technology that protects 40 percent of Fortune 1000 companies from inbound and outbound email threats. With the Cisco Cloud Email Security service, customers can reduce their onsite data center footprint and out-task the management of their email security to trusted security experts.
Dedicated email security deployments in multiple resilient Cisco data centers provide the highest levels of service availability and data protection. Customers retain access to (and visibility of) the cloud infrastructure, and comprehensive reporting and message tracking helps assure administrative flexibility. This service is all-inclusive, with software, computing power, and support bundled for simplicity.
The Cisco Difference
Exclusive preventive and reactive technologies—including spam protection, data loss prevention (DLP), virus defense, email authentication, and tracking and reporting tools—work together to support a powerful security service.
Cisco Cloud Email Security offers customers the ability to outsource their spam problem to a vendor that provides better efficacy and higher accuracy while allowing more control and visibility into their cloud solution.
Today’s email security threats consist of viruses, spam, false positives, distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks, spyware, and phishing (fraud). Cisco email security technology blocks all types of threats so that companies receive only legitimate messages. Cisco uses multiple methods to provide the utmost in comprehensive email security, incorporating preventive and reactive measures to strengthen your defense.
Proven Spam Protection
Cisco email security technology blocks undesirable email messages using a multilayered scanning architecture. Cisco Cloud Email Security delivers the industry’s highest spam catch rate, greater than 99 percent, with a less than one in one million false-positive rate.
Cisco Reputation Filters provide an outer layer of defense using data from the Cisco SenderBase® Network to perform a real-time email traffic threat assessment and identify suspicious email senders.
Cisco Anti-Spam uses the industry’s most innovative approach to threat detection, based on the Cisco Context Adaptive Scanning Engine (CASE). This engine examines the complete context of a message, including what content the message contains, how the message is constructed, who is sending the message, and where the call to action of the message takes you. By combining these elements, Cisco Anti-Spam stops the broadest range of threats with industry-leading accuracy.
Powerful Virus Defense
By offering a high-performance virus scanning solution integrated at the gateway, Cisco Cloud Email Security provides a multilayered, multivendor approach to virus filtering.
Cisco Virus Outbreak Filters are a critical first layer of preventive defense against new outbreaks, detecting and stopping viruses hours before traditional virus signatures are available.
Cisco email security technology innovation delivers the highest levels of security and control. A range of email authentication solutions are supported by the Cisco security gateway, including Cisco Bounce Verification technology and a sophisticated feature set for signing outbound email with the Sender Policy Framework. These solutions help the intelligent mail system make more accurate decisions.
● Sender Policy Framework (SPF) verification and signing means that messages are digitally processed to establish and protect identities with email senders and receivers on the Internet.
● Cisco Bounce Verification tags messages with a digital watermark to filter bounce attacks at the network edge.
● Directory Harvest Attack Prevention (DHAP) tracks spammers who send to invalid recipients and blocks attempts to steal email directory information.
● Advanced Malware Protection features file reputation scoring and blocking, file sandboxing, and file retrospection for the continuous analysis of threats, even after they have traversed the email gateway.
Sophisticated Outbound Filtering Protects Sensitive Information
Outbound filtering is just as important as inbound security. By applying additional message safeguards and policies, outbound filtering helps protect and secure sensitive information.
Content filtering can be used to add headers or footers to email, or to keep email with confidential or inappropriate information from entering or leaving your network.
Transport Layer Security (TLS) uses digital certificates to authenticate the user as well as the network.
Comprehensive Administration and Easy Access for Co-Management
A comprehensive support portal helps ensure that customers always have access to an extensive knowledge base of subject matter expertise to assist with their needs. Using the Cisco Security Portal, customers can create a customized homepage to quickly access their unique security interests. They can view all current and historical events and tickets, geographical data, security graphics, trends, and network status and performance.
Consolidated and robust reporting options analyze traffic data from geographically diverse infrastructure deployments to provide fully integrated reports. Cisco’s third-generation reporting technology enables unprecedented insight into even the highest-volume networks in the world. Detailed and accurate information is coalesced into clear and informative reports, suitable for all levels of an organization.
Message tracking gives customers real-time visibility into messages. This feature can help resolve help-desk calls quickly by determining the exact location of a message. Instead of having to search through log files, the administrator can use the flexible tracking interface to locate messages.
● Industry-leading technology: A key benefit of Cisco Cloud Email Security is the opportunity for customers to have their email protected and managed by best-in-class products and email security specialists in addition to maintaining the industry’s highest spam catch rate and lowest false-positive rate.
● Dedicated infrastructure: Each customer has a dedicated email security instance, which is racked and stacked in multiple Cisco data centers. Your data is protected out of the box, prohibiting data contamination. In addition, the data center is equipped with redundancy so that your email infrastructure is highly available.
● Simplified pricing: The pricing model is based on the number of users per year, and includes all computing power, software, service, and support for the number of users in the contract. If the customer decides to change the type of service, or spam volumes increase drastically, there is no extra charge for additional equipment and protection.
● Capacity assurance: Cisco Cloud Email Security provides a service with the capacity to protect users and maintain peak performance. When spam volumes increase, organizations typically have to purchase new hardware to maintain protection. Cisco Cloud Email Security alleviates worry about last-minute budgeting for the cost of new hardware. Additional capacity is always included with the simple per-user, per-year pricing model.
● Availability: Cisco Cloud Email Security guarantees 99.999 percent uptime. ensuring that security is always available and working for you through multiple data centers.
● World-class support team: Cisco Cloud Email Security uses industry-leading operational management practices. The team’s diverse background is based on knowledge gained from the implementation and operation of advanced security solutions, including the analysis and remediation of millions of security events.
Cisco Cloud Email Security is an industry-leading email security service that offers superior choice. With highly flexible service offerings, it provides customers with a powerful solution to meet their unique needs. Customers maintain control and visibility into their cloud infrastructure while reducing their onsite footprint with a robust, multilayer email security solution that resides in Cisco data centers. This out-tasking model gives customers peace of mind, knowing that their organization is protected by email security experts.
Try Before You Buy
The best way to understand the benefits of Cisco Cloud Email Security is to participate in the Try Before You Buy evaluation program. For additional information, please visit: www.cisco.com/go/3waystotrycontent.