This product bulletin provides information about Cisco IOS® Software Release 12.3(7)XI1, which provides Cisco® Service Selection Gateway features for Cisco 10000 Series routers.
These product bulletins are updated as needed to describe new features, memory requirements, hardware support, software platform deferrals, and changes to microcode and related documents.
Cisco IOS Software Release 12.3(7)XI1 is based on the previous release, 12.2(16)BX. Cisco IOS Software Release 12.3(7)XI1 will run only on the Cisco 10000 Series Performance Routing Engine 2 (PRE-2). There will be no support for PRE or PRE-1 routing engines.
NEW FEATURES-CISCO IOS SOFTWARE RELEASE 12.3(7)XI1
Following are new features and improvements in Cisco IOS Release 12.3(7)XI1 that are supported on Cisco 10000 Series routers:
• Three-color policer
• Three-level hierarchical quality of service (QoS) policies
• Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) multipath load sharing for both eBGP and iBGP in a Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) VPN
• Extended network attached storage (NAS)-Port-Type and NAS-Port Support
• Half-duplex VPN routing and forwarding (VRF)
• Hierarchical shaping of an ATM virtual circuit into a virtual path tunnel