Cisco® Media Gateway Manager (MGM) is the element management system providing fault, configuration, accounting, performance, and security (FCAPS) management for the Cisco MGX 8880 Media Gateway and voice-enabled Cisco MGX 8850 Multiservice Switch. Cisco MGM is designed specifically to manage the Cisco MGX 8880 and Cisco MGX 8850 deployed in voice over IP (VoIP) applications.
The following are the orderable components of the Cisco Media Gateway Manager 5.0 solution.
• Media Kit-This is the Cisco MGM software needed to manage the Cisco MGX 8880 Media Gateway and voice-enabled Cisco MGX 8850 Multiservice Switch. Only one media kit is needed for each element management server.
• Media Kit software license-Each Cisco MGM server needs a unique license key to operate. There are two types of right-to-use (RTU) licenses to consider:
– Cisco MGX Chassis RTU-This legal certificate entitles you to manage the Cisco MGX 8880 or 8850. One RTU license is needed per Cisco MGX chassis.
– Operator Client RTU-This legal certificate entitles you to operate the Cisco MGM with multiple operator clients. The first operator RTU license is provided with the Cisco MGM software media kit.
• Optional product components-There are two types of optional software you may choose from:
– Cisco MGM 5.0 Gateway/Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA)-This RTU license enables Cisco MGM to interface with northbound applications for fault and inventory management.
– Cisco MGM 5.0 High Availability-This RTU license enables Cisco MGM to support high availability with the addition of user-provided software and hardware.
• The Software Application Support plus Upgrades (SASU)-This provides software support and software upgrades for the Cisco MGM. One SASU is needed per media kit. The pricing of SASU is based on one media kit plus one Cisco MGX RTU license.
Table 1 lists the ordering information for the Cisco Media Gateway Manager components.
Table 1. Ordering Information
The Cisco MGM 5.0 media kit features server-based licensing.
• 1 media kit is needed. Each media kit includes 1 Cisco MGM Client RTU.
Cisco MGM features 3 right-to-use (RTU) licenses.
• The Client RTU license allows additional users to concurrently access the Cisco MGM server.
• The Cisco MGX 8880 Chassis RTU license allows individual Cisco MGX 8880 devices to be managed by the Cisco MGM server.
• The Cisco MGX 8850 Chassis RTU license allows individual Cisco MGX 8850 devices to be managed by Cisco MGM server.
• 1 Client RTU is required for each additional concurrent user of the Cisco MGM server.
• Cisco MGM-88x0 licenses are additive, and one should be ordered for each Cisco MGX chassis. If additional Cisco MGX chassis are ordered, RTU licenses are required for each.
The Cisco MGM High Availability and Cisco MGM Gateway/CORBA are optional components and need to be ordered separately.
Optional. 1 RTU license for each feature.
SASU Extended Service Contract Support
For full Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and upgrade coverage, an SASU contract entry is required on each media kit and separate contracts should be purchased for optional CORBA or high-availability components. The SASU agreement should normally be ordered during the initial ordering process of the Cisco MGM product using the service offering prompt that appears at the end of the configuration process.
1 service contract should be added for each media kit and options purchased.
HIGH AVAILABILITY SERVER
Cisco Media Gateway Manager supports high availability using two servers set up in a failover configuration. The Cisco MGM 5.0 Media Kit includes the Cisco provided components needed to set up a high-availability environment. Setting up Cisco MGM in high-availability mode requires purchasing the Cisco MGM High Availability RTU license and obtaining customer-provided, third-party high-availability utilities that allow the two servers' operating systems to run in a failover mode. The Cisco MGM High Availability RTU part number listed below provides the right to use the high-availability code in Cisco MGM 5.0 and includes installation assistance. Additional software and hardware from Sun, Oracle, and Veritas is required to implement high availability. Refer to the
Cisco Media Gateway Manager HA Installation Guide for more information on components required and installation.