® Building Broadband Service Manager (BBSM) is an Internet access gateway that helps enable simple, readily available access, multiple authentication and billing options, end-user self-provisioning of services, and Web-based configuration, management, and reporting. Cisco BBSM works with Cisco access-layer LAN and WLAN products to provide a complete solution that helps businesses to manage broadband access in enterprise, retail, healthcare, and hospitality settings. Cisco BBSM allows Internet services to be offered to customers or visitors for a fee or as a free amenity.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Cisco BBSM provides access to users regardless of their network interface configurations. Users can connect to the network using devices configured for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) or static IP addresses, as well as static proxy settings or Domain Name System (DNS) entries. This transparent client support allows access for a wide variety of client and laptop configurations without requiring costly IT support.
Cisco BBSM redirects all users through two steps during connection. First, it directs users to a connect screen, which can be customized to explain the services available to them, including various bandwidth, IP address, and price options. The connect screen also supports Walled Garden free access areas. With the Walled Garden feature, an organization can allow free browsing (pre-authentication) of specified domains, such as local sites and information, advertiser or e-commerce links, and campus directories. When users select and purchase a service, they are directed to their home page or a designated portal page as their first location on the Internet. This provides a second branding and marketing opportunity.
Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
Cisco BBSM authenticates and accounts for usage and, where required, processes payment requests in international currencies. Cisco BBSM supports:
• Time-based guest access using system-generated access codes.
• Direct posting of charges to a hotel property management system for users connecting from guest rooms.
• Charge processing by a remote credit card processing service. Credit card billing can be based on minutes, daily usage, or time-block increments. Additional bandwidth or future value-added services can also be billed.
• Subscriber authentication and accounting through RADIUS.
• No fee access.
Manageability and Monitoring
Cisco BBSM offers integrated features that allow effective management and monitoring of small to large Cisco BBSM deployments. Remote management of the Cisco BBSM server is made possible by secure Web pages for configuration, operation, and reporting activities. Cisco BBSM allows the monitoring of BBSM system services through a system summary view and registers errors and warnings to the Windows OS event log. Cisco BBSM-specific traps also support monitoring using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
Cisco BBSM has been designed to use only the necessary services and ports in allowing guest access. Cisco BBSM appliances ship with hardening enabled, which involves disabling unnecessary services, removing and modifying vulnerable registry key entries, and applying appropriate restrictive permissions to files, services, and end points. Dual VLAN support allows end users and managed devices to reside in different VLANs for ease of management and additional security.
Table 1 lists the product specifications for Cisco BBSM.
Table 1. Product Specifications
3.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB cache
80 GB SATA
RS232 Serial Port, 3 USB 2.0 (1 front, 2 rear)
Intel Pro/1000 MT Dual Port Server Adapter
Physical Dimensions (1RU)
• 429 (W) x 508 (D) x 42 (H) mm
• 16.9 (W) x 20 (D) x 1.67 (H) in.
User Policies and User Experience
• Ready access for both DHCP and static IP-configured PCs, including support for PCs with preconfigured proxy settings in their browser
• Policy-based session management on a per-port, per-network-element, per-MAC, or per-site basis, offering flexibility in the following areas:
– Connect screen page and branding
– Bandwidth offering(s) (individual and group policies)
– Usage model-per minute, daily, block (limited), and subscription
– Portal (HTTP redirect)
– Advertising and e-commerce
– Walled Garden support
– SMTP forwarding
– VPN compatibility
Billing and Authentication
• Credit card interface, API, and software developer's kit
– Existing interface to CyberSource Internet Commerce Suite (ICS)
• Hotel billing system support
– Including two-way property management system with Micros-Fidelio serial and IP interfaces
• Support for iPass and Boingo smart clients
• Web-based templates for accounting and access policies include the following scenarios:
– Access codes for authentication
– Credit card pre-pay
– Setting date and time parameters for port access
– Single- and multiple-day billing options (for example, configure discounted rates for multiple-day purchase)
– RADIUS authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA)
Management and Security
• Security hardening
• Administrative Web pages secured through Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
• System summary view
• SNMP trap support
• Dual VLAN support
• Duplicate IP address support
• Web-based reporting
Cisco BBSM is offered as a 1 rack unit (1RU), preloaded appliance and a software-only bundle. To place an order, visit the
Cisco Ordering Home Page. Table 2 lists ordering information for Cisco BBSM.
Table 2. Ordering Information
Cisco BBSM v5.3 preloaded appliance includes: 1RU server, BBSM v5.3 recovery CD, BBSM v5.3 Software CD Bundle (Cisco BBSM v 5.3, Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft MSDE database, and Microsoft ISA Server)
Cisco BBSM v5.3 Software CD Bundle includes: Cisco BBSM v 5.3, Microsoft Windows 2000 Server (U.S.), Microsoft MSDE database, and Microsoft ISA Server
CD containing the upgrade from Cisco BBSM v5.2 to BBSM v5.3
SERVICE AND SUPPORT
® offers a wide range of services programs to accelerate customer success. These innovative services programs are delivered through a unique combination of people, processes, tools, and partners, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction. Cisco services help you to protect your network investment, optimize network operations, and prepare the network for new applications to extend network intelligence and the power of your business. For more information about Cisco Services, see
Cisco Technical Support Services or
Cisco Advanced Services.