Cisco Refresh & the Circular Economy
A circular economy is an alternative to a traditional linear economy (make, use, dispose) in which we keep resources in use for as long as possible, extract the maximum value from them whilst in use, then recover and regenerate products and materials at the end of each service life. Cisco recognizes the importance of the circular economy and the opportunity to maximize our scarce resources.
Leveraging the circular economy, Cisco Refresh (-RF products) are sourced from Cisco’s reverse logistics. From a manufacturing perspective, our products have a low carbon footprint and are fully sustainable.
Good for Your Business, Good for the Environment
At Cisco, environmental responsibility is an integral part of the way we do business. Cisco Refresh is just one example of Cisco’s commitment to minimizing its environmental impact.
- Customers can reduce their impact on the environment by selecting remanufactured (-RF) products instead of new.
- Low priced remanufactured products – sourced from Cisco or a Cisco authorized partner - expand customer purchase options.
- Purchasing –RF products using a lease helps reduce the burden of product disposal later.
- Eligible equipment is remanufactured by Cisco to like-new condition using environmentally responsible processes.
- Remanufactured products are redeployed internally or resold as Cisco Refresh (-RF products).
- Cisco programs such as Trade-in Migration Program, and Take-back and Recycle, help facilitate end of life disposal.
- Cisco Capital leases remove the disposal burden from the customer since the product is returned to Cisco at end of term.
- Cisco ensures that all returned units are remanufactured, recycled or disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Customers can extend the life of legacy networks with remanufactured end-of-sale units from Cisco Refresh.
- Cisco support services for both new and remanufactured products optimize product performance and can be financed through Cisco Capital.
- Lease terms may facilitate planned or unplanned upgrades.
- Returned products can be remanufactured by Cisco for reuse rather than disposed.