Cisco Has Acquired 1Mainstream
Expands and accelerates delivery of over-the-top (OTT) video services to a wide range of connected devices.
Cisco has acquired 1Mainstream, a privately held company that offers a cloud video platform designed to quickly launch live and on-demand over-the-top (OTT) video services to a wide range of connected devices.
1Mainstream helps content providers, broadcasters and traditional service providers such as Sky and CBS, and emerging digital content companies to deliver their media content as an app to almost any media device, from Roku and Sony PlayStation to AppleTV. With 1Mainstream's platform, customers can quickly accelerate the delivery of new services and channels to audiences anywhere in the world on any screen.
By acquiring 1Mainstream, Cisco is demonstrating its commitment and further investment in Cisco's Infinite cloud video entertainment solutions. The cloud video expertise of 1Mainstream will enable Cisco to expand and accelerate our OTT roadmap to help our top service provider customers keep up with the pace of change in the streaming video market.
- Q: What is Cisco announcing today?
- A: Cisco has acquired 1Mainstream, a company that offers a Software as a service (SaaS) cloud video platform designed to quickly launch OTT video services across a wide range of connected devices, with over 70 paying customers. 1Mainstream enables Cisco to gain immediate relevance across all segments of exploding OTT market, accelerating the roadmap and functionality of Cisco's current Infinite Video offering, reducing time to market, and gaining valuable cloud SaaS expertise.
- Q: Why 1Mainstream?
- A: 1Mainstream is a market leader in SaaS based streaming video services and will accelerate Cisco's own Infinite Video Solution. 1Mainstream complements the Infinite Video Solution and builds on years of Cisco development in service provider video infrastructure and software solutions, and extends cloud-based video solutions to this high growth segment
- Q: Can you explain 1Mainstream's products?
- A: 1Mainstream offers an automated application creation and publishing platform for users to create native OTT applications for TV, tablet, and Web platforms; and a streaming service that delivers live and on-demand video to screens over a network with adaptive bit rate streaming and DRM. 1Mainstream supports both paid subscriber and free (ad based) models.
- Q: How will the 1Mainsteam team be integrated?
- A:The 1Mainstream team will be joining the SPVSS Cloud Engineering group under Conrad Clemson, SVP/GM.
- Q: Will Cisco continue to offer 1Mainstream's services after the acquisition closes?
- A: Yes, Cisco will continue to support and actively sell the 1Mainstream platform/service after close as part of the Infinite Video offering, 1Mainstream will immediately augment and extend Cisco's new Infinite Video platform.
If you are an existing customer of 1Mainstream and have questions about your product or service, please continue to contact your existing 1Mainstream sales representative.
If you are an existing customer or partner of Cisco and have questions about your product or services, please continue to contact your existing Cisco sales representative.
1Mainstream customers should continue to use the existing process for support on installed 1Mainstream products. Cisco will notify you in advance of any change to the support process.Cisco customers should continue to use the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) for technical support on Cisco products. For more information about opening a technical support case and for regional TAC telephone numbers, refer to Cisco Worldwide Support Contacts.