Cisco has acquired AppDynamics Inc
This acquisition reinforces Cisco's strategic direction and its shift to software-centric solutions.
SAN JOSE, Calif. — On March 22nd, 2017, Cisco completed its acquisition of AppDynamics Inc, a privately held software leader in application and business performance monitoring, located in San Francisco CA. AppDynamics empowers enterprises to watch every line of code and understand how their code impacts user experience and application and infrastructure performance, while providing real-time insight into everything going on in digital business. Business and DevOps leaders rely on its real-time insights and code-level visibility to make mission critical and strategic improvements to their apps. Teams across the enterprise can collaborate and drive the business from a single source of truth.
AppDynamics' real-time data platform will be correlated with Cisco’s data platforms over time and give joint customers the richest end-to-end view (from business to user to app to infrastructure) in real-time, allowing for better remediation and automation (across the data center, network and security) and smarter business decisions.
AppDynamics will continue to be led by David Wadhwani as a new software business unit in Cisco's IoT and Applications business, reporting to senior vice president Rowan Trollope. As part of Cisco, it will serve a critical role in helping drive Cisco's continued transformation into a software company with recurring subscription revenue.
- Q: What is Cisco acquiring?
A: Cisco is announcing its acquisition of AppDynamics, a privately-held software company based in San Francisco, CA. AppDynamics delivers visibility and insights into the entire application layer. For many customers, AppDynamics is the innovative, enterprise-grade application intelligence software platform that is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations.
- Q: Can you explain AppDynamics’ portfolio?
- A: AppDynamics offers application intelligence software that enables enterprises to monitor, analyze, and optimize complex environments at scale. AppDynamics’s integrated suite of applications includes Application Performance Management, End-User Monitoring, Infrastructure Visibility and underlying product modules built on their AppIQ platform.
- AppDynamics’s integrated suite of applications monitors the performance of software applications, the supporting IT infrastructures and end user experience and provides end to end tracing of the individual business transactions.” AppDynamics’s platform processes and analyzes trillions of metrics each month and has been built to address the needs of enterprises globally. AppDynamics offers a full range of deployment options, including public cloud, on-premise and hybrid models.
- Q: Why did Cisco choose AppDynamics? What makes AppDynamics unique?
- A: AppDynamics is a leader in application, end-user and infrastructure intelligence for the enterprise market. AppDynamics also is a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Analytics. AppDynamics has demonstrated an ability to penetrate large enterprise accounts and become their platform of choice for application performance management needs. AppDynamics has translated these customer wins into impressive revenue growth, with a software-only SaaS-focused recurring revenue model, which also supports on-premise deployments.
- Cisco and AppDynamics’s capabilities are very complementary. Cisco delivers comprehensive data collection and insights in the datacenter, network and security domains. While AppDynamics bring the industry leading solutions for application, end user and business transaction insights, Together, Cisco and AppDynamics will break the silos of application, infrastructure and security domains to help organization evolve from managing IT performance to managing digital business performance and business transactions. As part of Cisco, AppDynamics will complement current Cisco product initiatives to provide end-end IT intelligence platforms that offers customers holistic visibility, correlation and insights across IT domains—from the code to the end user and everywhere in between.
If you are an existing customer or partner of AppDynamics and have questions about your product or service, please continue to contact your existing sales representative.
If you are an existing customer or partner of Cisco and have questions about your product or services, please continue to contact your existing Cisco sales representative.
AppDynamics customers should continue to use the existing process for support on installed AppDynamics products and technology. Cisco will notify you in advance of any change to the support process.
Cisco customers should continue to use the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) for technical support on Cisco products. For more information about opening a technical support case and for regional TAC telephone numbers, refer to Cisco Worldwide Support Contacts.
Cisco and AppDynamics’ leadership both agree on the important role that partners play in our end to end sales motion.
- Are you a partner with both Cisco and AppDynamics? If so, continue working with your Cisco contacts regarding Cisco opportunities and with AppDynamics regarding your AppDynamics opportunities.
- Are you a Cisco partner not currently registered with AppDynamics? If you have immediate opportunities, don’t leave money on the table. Contact your Cisco Channel Account Manager.
- Are you an AppDynamics partner interested in becoming a Partner with Cisco? Join the Cisco Partner Program to learn more.
Links to more information: