This document describes the process to collect logs from the Cisco Instant Messaging (IM) and Presence Server.
Cisco recommends knowledge of Cisco IM and Presence Server navigation through a browser.
The information in this document is based on Cisco IM and Presence Server 10.5.
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
- If the Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) is already installed go to step 4, otherwise open the IM and Presence Server Administration web page.
- From the Application menu drop-down list at the top of the screen, choose Plugins and click the link to download the RTMT software.
- Install the RTMT software.
- Open the RTMT and:
- Enter the IM and Presence Server host IP address or fully qualified domain name (FQDN).
- Enter the port.
- Check the Secure connection check box.
- Click Ok.
- From the RTMT screen, double-click Trace & Log Central in order to open the options, then double-click Collect Files.
- In order to choose logs for collection, check the check boxes for those logs in the All Servers column. Click Next in order to display more logs and to continue.
- On the final page, unless otherwise instructed, choose Relative Range and specify the time to collect the generated log files. Click Browse in order to choose a log collection folder for the collection session and click Finish.
- If logs are required for a Technical Assistance Center (TAC) case, after the logs have been collected right-click the folder and choose the Send To option to compress all of the logs into a single .zip file. Upload the compressed file named "IMP_Log_<date>.zip" to the TAC case through the Support Case Manager.
- In order to collect System Logs (syslogs), from the RTMT choose Tools > SysLog Viewer, click to choose the folder and log types at the top of the window and click Save.
- In order to save syslog files to a local folder, right-click the log type (for example "messages") and choose the option to save the log files.
There is currently no verification procedure available for this configuration.
There is currently no specific troubleshooting information available for this configuration.